David Estes Fans and YA Book Lovers Unite! discussion

Archive's > April 2013 BOTM Nominations

Comments Showing 1-39 of 39 (39 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tina (new)

Tina (frogluv3r) | 458 comments Post your nominations. I will close this on Monday, March 18th and post a poll to vote for your favorites!!!

message 2: by Katie (new)

Katie Carroll (katielcarroll) I'd like to throw my YA fantasy Elixir Bound into the ring. Elixir Bound by Katie L. Carroll

message 3: by Tina (new)

Tina (frogluv3r) | 458 comments Sounds great Katie!!!

message 4: by Tina (new)

Tina (frogluv3r) | 458 comments Just added it to my TBR list!

message 5: by Jennifer (random jendsmit) (last edited Mar 15, 2013 11:31AM) (new)

message 6: by Katie (new)

Katie Carroll (katielcarroll) Tina wrote: "Just added it to my TBR list!"

Awesome! Thanks for the support.

message 7: by Becki (new)

Becki Brannen (beckibrannen) | 2 comments Pick me! Pick me!
(In other words, I would greatly appreciate your consideration of my book for this event.)

Thanks!
Becki Brannen

Breathless

Alana ~ The Book Pimp (loonyalana) | 295 comments Jennifer wrote: "Eden by Janelle Stalder"

I second this

Jennifer (random jendsmit) (jendsmit) I added both of the other books to my TBR, they sound good!!

message 10: by Lola (new)

Lola (lolasreviews) | 563 comments I third Eden (Eden #1) by Janelle Stalder

message 11: by Rustin (new)

Rustin Petrae (rustinpetrae) | 106 comments I'd like to nominate Dragon (Histories of Purga, #1) by Rustin Petrae . It's the first in my Histories of Purga novels. Thanks.

Jennifer (random jendsmit) (jendsmit) Rustin wrote: "I'd like to nominate Dragon (Histories of Purga, #1) by Rustin Petrae. It's the first in my Histories of Purga novels. Thanks."

sounds good too - check :) another added to my TBR!

message 13: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new)

Jenny (juliababyjen) | 12932 comments Mod
I nominate The Body Finder (The Body Finder, #1) by Kimberly Derting We haven't read that one yet, have we?

Its one of my favorite YAs! Great psychic abilities, great suspense and mystery, and great teen romance!

message 14: by Leslie (new)

Leslie Ferdinand (LeslieFerdinand) | 1 comments I would like to nominate Speak of the Devil

message 15: by Mitsy (new)

Mitsy (mitsyc) Streamline by Jennifer Lane is my nomination.

message 16: by Val (new)

Val Richards | 5 comments I would like to include mine and JL Bond's novel, Eleventh Elementum.
Eleventh Elementum (The Primortus Chronicles, #1) by J.L. Bond
Eleventh Elementum

message 17: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 10713 comments Mod
Jennifer wrote: "Eden by Janelle Stalder"

Omg I was so going to nominate this! I guess I'm thirding it!

message 18: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (sharearead) | 107 comments Eden Rocks!

message 19: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

Nicole wrote: "Eden Rocks!"

It's been on my TBR for too long! I'm so hoping it wins so I can just read it already :)

message 20: by Rustin (new)

Rustin Petrae (rustinpetrae) | 106 comments What is Eden. Never heard of that one before.

message 21: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

Rustin wrote: "What is Eden. Never heard of that one before."

It's a series by a friend of ours which I've heard to be very very good :) There are a couple of sequels out too, which is always better than having to wait!

message 22: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

Oh and I'm going to nominate Partials (Partials, #1) by Dan Wells and Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1) by Sarah J. Maas too. I've heard REALLY good things about both of those :)

message 23: by Kasie (new)

Kasie Wegener | 39 comments Partials was a good book.... I nominate Everneath

message 24: by Fleur (new)

Fleur Gaskin (fleurgaskin) I would like to nominate my new novel Arabelle's Shadows
Arabelle's Shadows Arabelle's Shadows by Fleur Gaskin

message 25: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) Under the Never Sky (Under the Never Sky, #1) by Veronica Rossi or Unravel Me (Shatter Me, #2) by Tahereh Mafi

message 26: by DeAnna (new)

DeAnna (dee84812) | 671 comments I'll second Under the Never Sky, as I need to read that one soon, and add Everneath (Everneath, #1) by Brodi Ashton

Karen’s Library | 11320 comments Mod
David wrote: "Oh and I'm going to nominate Partials (Partials, #1) by Dan Wells and Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1) by Sarah J. Maas too. I've heard REALLY good things about both of those :)"

I enjoyed Partials! I want to read Fragments, the sequel, which just came out! I nominate Dark Inside (Dark Inside, #1) by Jeyn Roberts

Jennifer wrote: "Eden by Janelle Stalder"

This one sounds good too!

message 29: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new)

Jenny (juliababyjen) | 12932 comments Mod
Partials is a really good dystopian, it made my top ten books last year! I need to read Fragments!

I also need to read Everneath and Throne of Glass!

message 30: by Fatima (last edited Mar 15, 2013 08:31PM) (new)

Fatima Souane | 7 comments I have to read soon Everbound (Everneath, #2) by Brodi Ashton

Jenny wrote: "Partials is a really good dystopian, it made my top ten books last year! I need to read Fragments!

I also need to read Everneath and Throne of Glass!"

I smell another buddy read once we get our Sir David to read Partials! I need to read Throne of Glass too.

message 32: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

So many more buddy reads coming down the track!

message 33: by Gabby (new)

Gabby Soulbound (Legacy of Tril, #1) by Heather Brewer and Storm (Elemental, #1) by Brigid Kemmerer

message 34: by Joanna Marie (last edited Mar 15, 2013 11:25PM) (new)

Joanna Marie (joannacapats) I nominate these: The Archived (The Archived, #1) by Victoria Schwab and The Indigo Spell (Bloodlines, #3) by Richelle Mead :)

message 35: by Lola (new)

Lola (lolasreviews) | 563 comments I still have to read Partials! It sounds really interesting and having it as a book of the month might help me finally pick it up!

message 36: by Kristina (new)

message 37: by Bee (new)

Bee (nbeewrites) I nominate H.D. Gordon's new book Shooting Stars (A Surah Stormsong Novel, #1) by H.D. Gordon

message 38: by Rustin (last edited Mar 18, 2013 04:38PM) (new)

Rustin Petrae (rustinpetrae) | 106 comments I just wanted to let everyone know that both of my books are currently free on Smashwords. I was hoping to garner more attention for them. I would really appreciate it if people could help spread the word. Thanks.

Here's the links:

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view...

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view...

message 39: by Tina (new)

Tina (frogluv3r) | 458 comments The poll is up, so make sure to vote for your favorites. I will announce the winner on the 23rd!!!