Divergent (Divergent, #1) Divergent discussion


427 views
OFFICIAL FOUR REVEALED ^^

Comments Showing 1-50 of 72 (72 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Inês http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbi...
Theo James ->http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3772243/?r...

don't know... for me he doesn't look like four but i'll give him a chance :)


Ciara Not bad. If Theo James plays Four well, then I'm fine with him.


Vivid Light ~ ♥♥ Myeehhhhhhh.............. Alright. I have the sads now though because it wasn't Brenton Thwaites :'(


Ciara Ashleigh wrote: "Myeehhhhhhh.............. Alright. I have the sads now though because it wasn't Brenton Thwaites :'("

True; he definitely would have looked more like Four!


Vivid Light ~ ♥♥ Ciara *I love Harry Potter!* wrote: "Ashleigh wrote: "Myeehhhhhhh.............. Alright. I have the sads now though because it wasn't Brenton Thwaites :'("

True; he definitely would have looked more like Four!"


Yes and Theo James is TWENTY EIGHT like gees URGH I am getting upset with casting directors lately (The Host is perfect though) and for the Maze Runner IS TERRIBLE


Angela YEA! It's not ALEX P!


Leea I don't think it is a horrible choice. I picture Four to look older/wiser than Tris and Theo kind of captures that..at least in some of the photos on IMDB.
Wasn't quite how I imagined him but I agree, I will give him a chance and he better not screw it up! :)


Brynne I am a little sad because of the casting but Veronica Roth says that she knew immediately that he was Four. At least she said Theo James and Shailene Woodley has chemistry!


Angela Brynne wrote: "I am a little sad because of the casting but Veronica Roth says that she knew immediately that he was Four. At least she said Theo James and Shailene Woodley has chemistry!"

Veronica was hoping for Alec P. And so was Cassandra Clare when she pick Alec P as Jace. Sadly, Jamie is Jace and Theo is Four. Thank God tho!!! Really..what is up with all the author who want one of their character to be play as Alex P? Not like I have problem with Alex. He's good looking.


message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Reckon he's quite Four-ish. Not exactly the image in my mind's eye, but he could very much be a fantastic Four.


Aurora He looks too old to be Four in the pictures I see, but I imagine they'll make him work for the movie. I'm sure he'll do a good job if they chose him.


*alex* He's okay-looking, but a little bit older than I imagined Four. Also, what happened to Alex Pettyfer? Hes PERFECT for Four.


message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Thank God its not Alex Pettyfer...!


Julia OMG. He played Kemal Pamuk, the turkish diplomat in Downton Abbey!


message 15: by Eml (new) - rated it 3 stars

Eml Um, he's 28...isn't that a little old?


Paige When I saw him I immediately knew he was way to old... He's not bad otherwise, but too old!


Emilee How is a friggen 28 year old suppose to play an 18 year old teenager?!?!?! I'm sooooooo upset!


Rachel Ashleigh wrote: "Myeehhhhhhh.............. Alright. I have the sads now though because it wasn't Brenton Thwaites :'("

Omj I so badly wanted him to play four!!! I'm so glad that Alex P nor Justin Till are playing Four. Theo James is pretty good for Four though.


Gabby Rachel wrote: "Ashleigh wrote: "Myeehhhhhhh.............. Alright. I have the sads now though because it wasn't Brenton Thwaites :'("

Omj I so badly wanted him to play four!!! I'm so glad that Alex P nor Justin..."


Ditto on everything ;)


message 20: by Inês (last edited Mar 15, 2013 03:50PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Inês Angela wrote: "YEA! It's not ALEX P!"

PS (XD LOL I'm posting this first XD but this PS was when i read again your post with another intuation): if you were a person that liked to Alex P to be Four read the text bellow but if you aren't then for get this pos :) is just because if you would like that four was AP we could be AP because he said he didn't want to do more Teen movies (read bellow)


Even if it was Alex said when he was propose to play as JAce Wayland (in Mortal Instruments movie, and he was very fan cast by the ones that read the series) and he refuse the role saying that he didn't want to do more Teen movies/franchising... he wanted to focus more in adult films or more important movies... a lot of fans become a litle sad because they as me would like to see him playing that character because he his both phisicaly and psically jace in our mind, but we acept that, it was is choice so we let him be...

then someone told that Alex P woul play as Four, and even if it is my fan cast i was like WHAT? HE REFUSED A PAPER SAYING AND NOW HE WANTS TO PLAY FOUR???? WTH.... but after all IT was a rummor ... yes i would like to see him as Four although that after reading the book i was excpecting other actor could be better for the role since Alex P decided he didn't want to do more teen franchising movies or so...

i wasn't expecting this theo to be Four and at first i didn't like him but i have to see him acting (in movies or series to judge if he is a good four or not :))


Inês Gillian wrote: "Thank God its not Alex Pettyfer...!"

Read the message 23 (my reply to a post that says YEA! its not ALEX P)

Alex Pettyfer by refusing playing Jace said that he didn't want to do more Teen Movies, he wanted to focus on other important movies, for more old/adult people or so, thats basically that :)

i was sad but it is his choice so, if it makes him happy them go on with that plan :)


Angela Inês wrote: "Gillian wrote: "Thank God its not Alex Pettyfer...!"

Read the message 23 (my reply to a post that says YEA! its not ALEX P)

Alex Pettyfer by refusing playing Jace said that he didn't want to do m..."


I know....


Cassidy Julie wrote: "OMG. He played Kemal Pamuk, the turkish diplomat in Downton Abbey!"

I know! I didn't recognize him! I think he's too old to play Tobias, 28 for an 18 year old, really? I really wanted Brenton Thwaites!


Maria He beats Alex Petefir by a million miles, I won't lie I was really surprised but actually could see him playing Four/Tobias. Still that Shaleene whatever her name is does not fit Tris (still think they could have done better!)but I might consider watching the movie more than before when it was a flat out no..hmmm


Emilee Ashley wrote: "Has anyone noticed that they never pick teenage actors? For example Alec from TMI he is 18 in the book and Kevin Zegers is 28. I don't mind early 20's but...there's a point where things are off.
I'..."


I completly agree with you.. and I dont really like who's been casted so far ether.


message 26: by Vee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Vee Gretzinger TERRIBLE TERRIBLE TERRIBLE. I HATE IT SO MUCH. NO NO NO NO NO NO NO. HE'S LIKE FUCKING 30. WRONG ITS ALL WRONG


Rachel Noooooo!!!! That's how I felt when I read that Theo has been cast as Four. I have nothing against the guy. He was a nice piece of man candy in the recent Underworld movie. -He isn't Four though!!!!! I am 27 years old, I admit that I pictured Four older than 18 in my mind. -Four is swoon worthy but not some macho ripped guy!!! I don't understand the casting choice when there are so many options out there!!!!

-BTW....the casting for Eric is even worse!!!


Jennifer Guys give it a chance. It's mostly how the cast potrays the part. Their looks should be secondary to it. By the way, really excited for Maggie Q. She is amazing in Nikita! Did you know she does her own stunts? Cannot wait to see how the movie is going to turn out!


message 29: by Vee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Vee Gretzinger The girl from American teenage life show or whatever


message 30: by Vee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Vee Gretzinger Maze runner<3333 that movie will be AWESOME! Divergent hoping will be good! Catching fire I guess I'm excited for... But there's no gale :( *sigh*


Cyndia To be honest, not quite happy with the casting of Four and Tris. I could totally see DAKOTA FANNING as Tris. I love the actors for the supporting characters though. Hopefully I'm wrong!


Hannai Theo James as Four, wow i don't expect that, but in some way i agree, because i remember the director of the movie and Veronica they were planning that Four wasn't hmmm 'effeminate' or just handsome.... so i like that they chose Theo and honestly, he is kind of sexy.


message 33: by Leela (last edited Mar 15, 2013 09:48PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Leela Im happy with Theo as Four!! ;) I love the fact that they have gone with a new face and a relatively unknown actor. I think he'll do a brilliant job in the movie.. and i'm certain he'll have all the females swooning over him by the end of it ;) lol. Cannot wait to see it!!!


message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!fuck


Brittney Honestly, I don't have a problem with him. He is VERY good looking! And I can totally see him having that emotional depth that's needed to play Four. :)


Amirah I. NO :'( RIP my imaginary Four :'(


Summeralism I think Theo is an awesome Four! He totally matches the scription.

He definitely looks was fucking hotter than Brenton Thwaites that's for damn sure!

Also, Tobias is supposed to be 2 years older than Tris. Theo definitely looks older than Shailene.

Also, why would you hate Theo? He FUCKING READ THE BOOKS!!!!

Yeah, I'd say pretty awesome dedicated Four :)


And a description of Four from Tris's eyes when she first meets him:


"He" is the young man attached to the hand I grabbed. He has a spare upper lip and full lower lip. His eyes are so deep set that his eyelashes touch the skin under his eyebrows, and they are dark blue, a dreaming, sleeping, waiting color."


If you're not convinced, watch Underworld: Evolution. He'll definitely stifle something outta ya!


Kiran I'm not sure about him playing Four, he looks to old and I didn't really picture him as Four but I'll give him a chance and hope that he is good.


message 39: by Cali (new) - rated it 3 stars

Cali Well he doesn't really have the look (MEH) but hopefully his acting will save him...


Narlyn I can't picture him YET as our Four but.. okay, I'll give him a chance. He better not screw it!!


Avery What the hell is up with old actors being casted in YA book-to-movie adaptations. What is so hard with finding a young adult actor???


message 42: by Kate (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kate My only concern is... he's too old to portray that 18-year-old virgin.


message 43: by Vee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Vee Gretzinger I'm with Avery, seriously, there are good young actors out there! (Beau Mirchoff) <3


Julia Eml wrote: "Um, he's 28...isn't that a little old?"

Tottaly agree. He's old!


george ☽ well, i suppose he's okay. not at all how i imagined him but... oh well. i just hope the film's good.


Lilybelle I don't get people complaining about his age. Many people here liked:

Max Irons - he's just as old as Theo James. Ok he's a few months younger but he'll also turn 28 this year.

Alex Pettyfer - yes, he's in his early 20s, but he actually looks even older than Max Irons and Theo James. When I first saw him I thought he was 30.

Apart from that Max Irons isn't that good of an actor.

I have never seen Theo in anything, but he looks more like Four than Pettyfer and Irons.


message 47: by Vee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Vee Gretzinger I disagree. I think Max Irons would have been great. Yes, he too looks a little old, but he's looks mysterious (and he's hot), so personally Irons would have been a better Four in my vision. And he's not a bad actor I don't know what you're talking about


message 48: by Lilybelle (last edited Mar 16, 2013 07:35PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Lilybelle Have you seen him in anything? He was awful in Red Riding Hood. He got horrible reviews from critics as well.

Most people haven't seen him in anything yet they want him to be cast in everything just because he's cute.

All I'm saying is that if Theo is too old Max is as well. They look the same age to me.


Jahnavi I totally agree with most of you! I mean, most actors are way older than the characters the portray, but they don't usually look to old. Theo James both looks too old and is too old to be Four. I'm kind of disappointed with this casting with all the other casting so well done... Well, I guess everything can't be perfect.


message 50: by Vee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Vee Gretzinger I have seen that movie, actually. But that's one movie... He's played in more. Honestly theo looks like he's 30 something, I find it a bit ridiculous that he's playing someone 10 years younger than him.

At this rate the movie might be as horrible as beautiful creatures... Totally kidding nothing is worse than that. We want to talk about shitty actors.. Then lets all talk about that movie.


« previous 1
back to top