Inspiration Lane discussion

Book for April?

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lori (new)

Lori Weiman (laweiman) | 9 comments Mod
I'm looking for book suggestions for this group to read and discuss in April. Primarily interested in books of fiction that include STEM topics as a part of the plot, however, open to non-fiction books in this area as well. All ideas welcome.

message 2: by Aaron (new)

Aaron | 2 comments Sadly, I don't have any good fiction to suggest, but I do have a great non-fiction book. The Information by James Gleick is a great book about information theory, including African drummers, Charles Babbage, Claude Shannon and even Borges' Library of Babel.

message 3: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 7 comments I looked through some NPR Best of 2012 lists and came across ALL YESTERDAYS by John Conway et al. Focus on history of dinosaurs among other topics. Sounds very interesting although outside of the type of book that might have naturally caught my attention. Ck it out and let me know what you think.

message 4: by Jayne (new)

Jayne Korolkoff | 3 comments Another suggestion would be Plum Island by Nelson Demille. I have read several Demille novels and have enjoyed them but I have not read this one. A murder mystery dealing with germ warfare