Sonia's Book Club discussion

Why are some reviewers so cruel?

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie Brown (mackbrown) I'm interested in the views of anyone from the group who is regular reviewer which I assume is most if not all of us.
When I launched my first book I made a fatal error and posted the wrong version. As a result a particularly malicious review was posted and in all probability, from somebody who downloaded the book to their kindle for free.
I've learned from this and moved on, but I wondered if anyone can tell me why such a review is necessary? Why not as I try to do, accentuate the positives and avoid any damaging words? Am I perhaps too fair minded?

I'd be very interested in hearing anyone's views on this topic.

message 2: by Sonia (new)

Sonia (SoniaWrites) | 13 comments Mod
Because they have nothing better to do than make your life hell.

message 3: by Sydney (new)

Sydney Landon | 1 comments Great question! I like constructive reviews that give you insight into issues you might not have picked up on, but I have had some that were more like personal attacks. It really takes away from the reviews that are helpful because you are afraid to read them after a while.

message 4: by Gerri (new)

Gerri Brousseau (gerribrousseau) | 2 comments When you have all great reviews and someone gives you a 1* review, one would think that someone reading the reviews would wonder what the heck was wrong with that person and not the writer or book itself. Let it go and just keep writing. Success is the best revenge.

message 5: by Paul (new)

Paul Walters (wwwpaulvwalterscom) | 1 comments Hi Mackenzie
Afraid to say that sometimes books are not that great> If I have investid my time and money in purchasing one, I feel that its OK to give it the thumbs down

Paul v Walters