Fantasy Book Club Series discussion

The Gathering Storm (The Wheel of Time, #12)
This topic is about The Gathering Storm
The Wheel of Time > The GATHERING STORM - Chapters 26 to 39 *SPOILERS*

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jon (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jon (jonmoss) | 706 comments I'm finally caught up! I started Chapter 26 this morning during breakfast.

Spoilers allowed for all previous chapters in the The Gathering Storm and all previous books in the Wheel of Time series. Please mark any spoilers that may refer to future events.

Alex | 104 comments I wonder if Mord the jailer was a reference to Mord the jailer in A Game of Thrones. Apparently Rand sucks at compulsion unlike Graendal. He sure got rid of her in a hurry. Not like the 3 or 4 books it took to kill Sammael. The way he messed up the pattern seemed kind of like the weird vibrations Faile felt in the prison camp.

Evilynn | 68 comments Alex wrote: " The way he messed up the pattern seemed kind of like the weird vibrations Faile felt in the prison camp."

I thought that was supposed to be the same episode while reading the books, but looking at a WOT time line it doesn't add up, so I suppose Faile felt someone else wielding massive amounts of bale fire, or else the time line maker messed up...

Heidi | 71 comments Wow those revelations about Verin absolutely blew my mind. This book has gotten so exciting! I simply cannot put it down!

message 5: by Kathi, There’s no such thing as too many books! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kathi | 874 comments Mod
Random thoughts:

Verin's revelations about herself were amazing. What she revealed about how large the Black Ajah is, however, is horrifying. The other Ajahs are no longer very large and the Black seems to have more members than any those Ajah.

The story, while staying somewhat true to Jordan's style and vision, certainly seems to be moving along at a much better pace. Sanderson's touch with characters, and especially plot and pacing, is a welcome one.

Helen Rand is being so mean! I want to get inside Cadsuane' s head.