Bookworms Unite! discussion

Chat > Can you let me borrow your library account

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Thế Chiến (new)

Thế Chiến Lê (homeplayer87) | 12 comments Hello, my name is Chien, I'm Vietnamese and I'm a student. I need some books for my study in English. I see many great books in The United States of America libraries. Is there anyone here have one of the US library account please? If you do please let me borrow your library account. Thank you very much.

message 2: by Thế Chiến (new)

Thế Chiến Lê (homeplayer87) | 12 comments I want to have a chance access to the US libraries materials

message 3: by Alondra (new)

Alondra Miller I think that is illegal or at least spam. You have posted in other groups, this same thing. That is not cool. You cannot borrow library access, have things sent to you, etc.

message 4: by Thế Chiến (new)

Thế Chiến Lê (homeplayer87) | 12 comments I'm not sure, I want have more chances, maybe there's a person let me borrow.

message 5: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn (kcanty313) Alondra is right. The best thing you can do is to buy them yourself off Amazon.com or another book selling website. Since none of us know you, I am pretty sure I know my friends well enough in this group to say none of us are going to check out books for you or let you have access to our library cards. Stranger danger. Lol

message 6: by GeneralTHC (new)

GeneralTHC Thế Chiến wrote: "I'm not sure, I want have more chances, maybe there's a person let me borrow."

Thế Chiến wrote: "I'm not sure, I want have more chances, maybe there's a person let me borrow."

I'll be very surprised if this happens.

message 7: by Thế Chiến (new)

Thế Chiến Lê (homeplayer87) | 12 comments I understand but I don't know how to say. I have no money to buy books. I have phone number. I hope you can help. Thank you anyway.

message 8: by Thế Chiến (new)

Thế Chiến Lê (homeplayer87) | 12 comments By the way, what must you give in the way to make a library card, I'm asking if I can create a library account in the USA. I'm not in the USA now, I'm in Vietnam.

message 9: by GeneralTHC (new)

GeneralTHC Chúng ta không thể giúp đỡ. Tôi sẽ ngạc nhiên nếu có ai không.

message 10: by GeneralTHC (new)

GeneralTHC Thế Chiến wrote: "By the way, what must you give in the way to make a library card, I'm asking if I can create a library account in the USA. I'm not in the USA now, I'm in Vietnam."

Money

message 11: by Thế Chiến (new)

Thế Chiến Lê (homeplayer87) | 12 comments I'm happy when you answer. How much it take me to make a library card in the US? Do they give permission to the foreigners? Thank you.

message 12: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn (kcanty313) No they don't. You have to be a resident of the city where you are getting the library card.

message 13: by GeneralTHC (new)

GeneralTHC I haven't used a library since the 90s. It used to be free if you lived in the area, otherwise you could pay for a non-resident card. It's probably different for different libraries.

message 14: by Thế Chiến (new)

Thế Chiến Lê (homeplayer87) | 12 comments I wish there's a digital library for all people of the world to borrow and read every book. I like to read books very much.

message 15: by Juanita (new)

Juanita Johnson (1neata) | 2 comments Check out www.overdrive.com. They may be able to offer suggestions.

message 16: by Thế Chiến (new)

Thế Chiến Lê (homeplayer87) | 12 comments I came from that page Juana. I want to have library card to access digital books but I don't have. I cannot register a library card, I'm asking you to borrow one.

message 17: by Char (last edited Mar 18, 2013 12:43PM) (new)

Char Try this World Digital Library:

http://www.wdl.org/en/

message 18: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn (kcanty313) Haha Kyle!!!!!!!

message 19: by Char (new)

Char HA Kyle! This guy has been all over the place (at least 3 of my groups) asking to use someone's library card.

message 20: by Janie (new)

Janie Johnson Well he wants to get free digital books go to amazon they have a ton of free kindle books.

message 21: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn (kcanty313) Hahahahaha Kyle!!

message 22: by Thế Chiến (new)

Thế Chiến Lê (homeplayer87) | 12 comments I'm not spammer, I'm serious.