Christian Historical Fiction discussion

Fiction based on an Author's Ancestors

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bernice (new)

Bernice Rocque | 11 comments I am interested in discovering works of fiction based on the author's family history, so I just created a new Listopia list called, Fiction Based on the Author's Ancestors. Please add your favorite reads of this type. Thanks in advance. B.

message 2: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Chind (cherryblossommj) | 395 comments Mod
Sounds great!

message 3: by Bernice (new)

Bernice Rocque | 11 comments Margaret,
If you or friends can think of great books to add to the list, here is the link. Thanks in advance. B.

http://www.goodreads.com/list/show/34...

message 4: by Mesu (new)

Mesu | 19 comments Bernice wrote: "I am interested in discovering works of fiction based on the author's family history, so I just created a new Listopia list called, Fiction Based on the Author's Ancestors. Please add your favorite..."

Hi Bernice!
I believe all (or most) of Ann Shorey's books are based on her ancestors. I don't want to say for sure, so you might want to contact her directly for the facts. She's a fellow Revell author and an absolute DEAR! Here's her website: http://annshorey.com/

message 5: by Iola (new)

Iola (iola_goulton) | 7 comments Carol Preston is an Australian author who writes about her real (dead) people.

message 6: by Bernice (new)

Bernice Rocque | 11 comments Iola wrote: "Carol Preston is an Australian author who writes about her real (dead) people."

Hi Iola,
I am not familiar with Carol Preston's books. I looked up one and the description did not indicate she bases the books on her own family history. The book description said that this particular book was based on real early settlers, so I expect it is interesting, but unless it is fiction about her own family history, it would not qualify for this particular list. Thanks for the suggestion, though. Much appreciated. B.

message 7: by Bernice (new)

Bernice Rocque | 11 comments Mesu wrote: "Bernice wrote: "I am interested in discovering works of fiction based on the author's family history, so I just created a new Listopia list called, Fiction Based on the Author's Ancestors. Please a..."

Hi Mesu,
I got in touch with Ann Shorey and she added her books. So thank you for the suggestion. B.

message 8: by Mesu (new)

Mesu | 19 comments Bernice wrote: "Mesu wrote: "Bernice wrote: "I am interested in discovering works of fiction based on the author's family history, so I just created a new Listopia list called, Fiction Based on the Author's Ancest..."

Great, Bernice! Glad it helped! ;)

message 9: by Cathy (new)

Cathy Bryant (authorcathybryant) | 11 comments Bernice wrote: "I am interested in discovering works of fiction based on the author's family history, so I just created a new Listopia list called, Fiction Based on the Author's Ancestors. Please add your favorite..."

We have an Historical/Romance/Inspirational fiction based on our genealogy. Thank you for the suggestion.

message 10: by Bernice (new)

Bernice Rocque | 11 comments Cathy wrote: "Bernice wrote: "I am interested in discovering works of fiction based on the author's family history, so I just created a new Listopia list called, Fiction Based on the Author's Ancestors. Please a..."

I am pleased to see that you added it to the list. Thanks. BLR

message 11: by Cathy (new)

Cathy Bryant (authorcathybryant) | 11 comments Bernice wrote: "Cathy wrote: "Bernice wrote: "I am interested in discovering works of fiction based on the author's family history, so I just created a new Listopia list called, Fiction Based on the Author's Ances..."

Thank you. I am looking forward to regularly checking out the list as more people add books.

message 12: by Bernice (new)

Bernice Rocque | 11 comments Cathy, feel free to mention to others. BLR

message 13: by Emilee (new)

Emilee | 12 comments "A Flickering Light" by Jane Kirkpatrick

message 14: by Cathy (new)

Cathy Bryant (authorcathybryant) | 11 comments OK Bernice. I sure will.

message 15: by Debora (new)

Debora Wilder | 4 comments This sounds like a great list. Now I just need to figure out how to find the list section. I'm still in the discovery phase of everything here on Goodreads.

message 16: by Bernice (new)

Bernice Rocque | 11 comments Debora wrote: "This sounds like a great list. Now I just need to figure out how to find the list section. I'm still in the discovery phase of everything here on Goodreads."

http://www.goodreads.com/list/show/34...
Try this link, Debora.

message 17: by Bernice (new)

Bernice Rocque | 11 comments Emilee wrote: ""A Flickering Light" by Jane Kirkpatrick"

Hi Emilee,
If this books matches the description for the list, feel free to add it directly. There's a link in the above note. B.

message 18: by Debora (new)

Debora Wilder | 4 comments Thanks Bernice. I found this one list using the link you gave. Are there other lists here on Goodreads for me to look for?

message 19: by Bernice (new)

Bernice Rocque | 11 comments Debora wrote: "Thanks Bernice. I found this one list using the link you gave. Are there other lists here on Goodreads for me to look for?"

Oh yes --- on the navigation bar above select Explore where you see both some examples featured and also you can search by subject. can also get to lists on book profiles, if the book is on some. there are lots and lots of lists. Enjoy! b.