Christian Fiction Fans discussion

Book Recommendations > Fiction based on an Author's Ancestors

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bernice (new)

Bernice Rocque | 14 comments I am interested in discovering works of fiction based on the author's family history, so I just created a new Listopia list called, Fiction Based on the Author's Ancestors. Please add your favorite reads of this type. Thanks in advance. B.

message 2: by Ms Bridget (last edited Mar 15, 2013 07:45AM) (new)

Ms Bridget (obridget2) Abraham's Well by Sharon Ewell Foster

Abraham's Well by Sharon Ewell Foster

I loved this book...I am not one to go back and read books twice but this is one that I would if I ever decided to....

message 3: by Bernice (new)

Bernice Rocque | 14 comments Hi Bridget,
Thanks for the suggestion. If you haven't already, please go ahead and add it to the list. Share with those of us who haven't read it, what made this book so very special? BLR

message 4: by Ms Bridget (last edited Mar 15, 2013 10:02AM) (new)

Ms Bridget (obridget2) I'm not quite used to having to search out the listopias, do you have a link? And it's been about 3 yrs or so since I've read it..I just remember finding the story beautifully heart-breaking...And loving the Narrator...:-)

message 5: by Evelynn (last edited Mar 15, 2013 10:15AM) (new)

Evelynn (authorgirlev) I also am not used to searching for lists on Listopia...

Here's my recommendation(s): Her Mother's Hope by Francine Rivers and Her Daughter's Dream (Marta's Legacy, #2) by Francine Rivers , both by Francine Rivers. My mom read them, and I am going to read them sometime soon, but from everything I've heard about them, they are very good. And they are based off of Rivers' actual family.

message 6: by Bernice (new)

Bernice Rocque | 14 comments I have my challenges too with Goodreads navigation. Easiest way for me to explain getting there is go to my author site, scroll down, and it will give you a link in my updates.

Bernice L. RocqueBernice L. Rocque

message 7: by Bernice (new)

Bernice Rocque | 14 comments Oh, the Listopia Lists are wonderful! I just tried to send a comment and link but don't see it. This may be a duplicate comment. My apologies if so.

I am somewhat challenged about Goodreads features also, but easiest way to get to the list is via my author profile. I'll insert it here:
Bernice L. Rocque

message 8: by Evelynn (new)

Evelynn (authorgirlev) Mkay. Done.

message 9: by Bernice (new)

Bernice Rocque | 14 comments I see them. Thanks Evelynn. B.

message 10: by Evelynn (new)

Evelynn (authorgirlev) No problem!

message 11: by Bernice (new)

Bernice Rocque | 14 comments Bridget wrote: "I'm not quite used to having to search out the listopias, do you have a link? And it's been about 3 yrs or so since I've read it..I just remember finding the story beautifully heart-breaking...And ..."

Hi Bridget,
here is the link:
http://www.goodreads.com/list/show/34...

message 12: by Ms Bridget (new)

Ms Bridget (obridget2) I got it up there. :o)

message 13: by Bernice (new)

Bernice Rocque | 14 comments Great! Thanks. The list is developing nicely, thanks to everyone's contributions. B.