Romance Lovers for the Challenge-Impaired discussion

Lover at Last (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #11)
This topic is about Lover at Last
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archived "Buddy Reads" > Lover At Last by JR Ward

Comments Showing 1-50 of 319 (319 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

message 1: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments Qhuinn, son of no one, is used to being on his own. Disavowed from his bloodline, shunned by the aristocracy, he has finally found an identity as one of the most brutal fighters in the war against the Lessening Society. But his life is not complete. Even as the prospect of having a family of his own seems to be within reach, he is empty on the inside, his heart given to another....

Blay, after years of unrequited love, has moved on from his feelings for Qhuinn. And it’s about time: The male has found his perfect match in a Chosen female, and they are going to have a young—just as Qhuinn has always wanted for himself. It’s hard to see the new couple together, but building your life around a pipe dream is just a heartbreak waiting to happen. As he’s learned firsthand.

Fate seems to have taken these vampire soldiers in different directions... but as the battle over the race’s throne intensifies, and new players on the scene in Caldwell create mortal danger for the Brotherhood, Qhuinn finally learns the true definition of courage, and two hearts who are meant to be together... finally become one.

Come join us as we buddy read Lover At Last! You know you want to ;) EXPECT SPOILERS!!!!

message 2: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Yaay 11 days to go and 11 days of talking bdb

message 3: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments I'll be honest, I like Qhuinn with Layla *ducks and runs away*

message 4: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Nooooo, I hate Layla specially because she got pregnant. Well not really hate her ,I think she's not mature enough to be a mother.and their decision to have baby was so selfish

message 5: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments I do think their decision was selfish, on both their parts since he loves someone else. But when they first met, I really liked them together. Maybe we'll have a nice menage going with them and Blay ;)

message 6: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Hmmm I know JRward had said there won't a menage between these 3 but I can hope.but I want Quay to be a couple without Layla

message 7: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Do you read the daily spoilers on her Facebook? I stopped reasons after the first couple of days.

message 8: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments I don't have facebook so I'm not reading them LOL I don't know if I would though. I want to read the book and be surprised.

message 9: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments I don't read it on Facebook my friends post them on their GR, I just don't look at them, they are too spoilery:D

Elishia | 2620 comments Susan (susayq) wrote: "I'll be honest, I like Qhuinn with Layla *ducks and runs away*"

NO NO NO and yes I am shouting. I don't know why she came in and ruined everything.

Elishia | 2620 comments Glad I finished all my cleaning now.

Elishia | 2620 comments ShoSho wrote: "Hmmm I know JRward had said there won't a menage between these 3 but I can hope.but I want Quay to be a couple without Layla"

Same here. Although that scene didn't bother me as much as I thought it would once I realised they wouldn't actually become a couple. I think they'll be good parents though because they both want someone to love.

Elishia | 2620 comments Susan (susayq) wrote: "I don't have facebook so I'm not reading them LOL I don't know if I would though. I want to read the book and be surprised."

Same here.

message 14: by ShoSho , Moderator (last edited Mar 15, 2013 05:26PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments 10 days to go. .I'm going to take 27&28th off,do you think I'm crazy?

Elishia | 2620 comments Hahaha Shosho I was going to bed but had to put my glasses back on and everything to respond. To be honest I thought today good thing I don't have work or i'd think about taking the day off as well.

Elishia | 2620 comments Erm people are reading this already. Luckily so far know one in my friends is.

message 17: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments How's that possible? Are they ARC copies?

Elishia | 2620 comments I don't know I saw one of my friends talking about it on the bdb page think they were saying a shop was selling them but I couldn't read to much because I didn't want to see spoilers. I checked her http://www.goodreads.com/shelf/users/... and 59 people are reading it, I thought they might have just said they were reading it but checked a few and saw they'd wrote comments or progress.

Elishia | 2620 comments Just checked on one of the pages and the girl said she ordered it normally.

message 20: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Huh I'm jealous!!!! I want it now.
I should be really careful from now until the release. I have to check my GR page with my eyes closed

Elishia | 2620 comments Same here I want to know where they ordered it from.

Yes think i'll check on my phone that way I don't see the updates.

message 22: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments It's possible a book store made a mistake and sent the books earlier!!

message 23: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Is any of you friends reading it?

message 24: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments This is the name of the book store: The Book Depository

message 25: by Elishia (last edited Mar 16, 2013 02:10PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Elishia | 2620 comments No so I can't ask

message 26: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments It in UK

message 27: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/Lover...

It's not on preorder on this site,

Elishia | 2620 comments Ooh really I almost pre ordered it from them as well. Its a worldwide store. I'mm to check now.

Elishia | 2620 comments Actually I did notice the other day that the UK version didn't have a countdown on it any more only the US version but I didn't want to pay £13 for it when its £10 on amazon and they're both the same company now.

message 31: by Elishia (last edited Mar 16, 2013 02:26PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Elishia | 2620 comments Woohoo and here http://www.whsmith.co.uk/Products/Lov...

Think the UK messed up

message 32: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Yes I noticed that too. Is it legal? I think the publisher can Sue them for this

message 33: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Wow it says in stock.so the UK stores are selling it

Elishia | 2620 comments I don't know, i'm sure the publishers didn't mean for them to actually start selling them till the day, maybe they'll get fined or something. I've had a book a few times on a Friday that was being released the following Monday but guessed that was just so we got them by the release date.

message 35: by ShoSho , Moderator (last edited Mar 16, 2013 02:32PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Wow I just checked an Australia bookstore .it doesn't have a count down either and says in stock

Elishia | 2620 comments Lol are you going to get it or wait? i'll wait if you do because i'll only have to wait to discuss anyway.

message 37: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments If it was the ebook I wouldn't have waited one moment , but I really don't want the hard cover. I guess I'm going to wait.

Elishia | 2620 comments I don't want it either so i'll wait with you

Elishia | 2620 comments I've been re reading bit and pieces today and i've just got up to a part with Layla and she's just reminded me that we will probably be hearing a lot of "Verily"

message 40: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Ughhhh I hate that, Payne says it too

Elishia | 2620 comments Me to, I forgot how annoying it was but was reading Phury's book and there are loads of chosen in that one.

message 42: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments I'm going out now I might check an actual bookstore to see if they have the books on display.

message 43: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments I hope the BoB kidnap her and we don't see her that much.

Elishia | 2620 comments Well i'm off to bed now nite xx

message 45: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Nite: )

message 46: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Nope , it wasn't anywhere!!! 8 days to go :D

Elishia | 2620 comments Good. I really had a feeling i'd log on today and you would say you'd bought it.

Are we the only 2 that are excited?☺

message 48: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments I think so:D I don't think if anyone else is up-to-date on the series , maybe except Susan?!

Elishia | 2620 comments I don't meant to upset you but has the release date changed your end? Its the 28th here now :-(

message 50: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments yes why?:OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.

Romance Lovers for the Challenge-Impaired

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Twice Tempted (other topics)