The Next Best Book Club discussion

29 views
Newbies Corner > Greetings from the Black Forest

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Emily (new)

Emily Sanders | 13 comments Hi, I am a new Mum from the UK living in Germany. Love books and looking for new suggestions! I might be reading less of late because of my new arrival but the intention is there and I hope this group can give me some new insights.


message 2: by S.L.J. (new)

S.L.J. (sammyslj) | 13 comments LOL. The bad guys in my book are called Black Forest. :P


message 3: by Mary (new)

Mary Kubica (mary_kubica) Hi Emily! Welcome to motherhood & TNBBC!


message 4: by Emily (new)

Emily Sanders | 13 comments Thanks Mary - one is certainly more daunting than the other :-)

S.L.J - it can be quite sinister here at night...


message 5: by S.L.J. (new)

S.L.J. (sammyslj) | 13 comments Emily wrote: "Thanks Mary - one is certainly more daunting than the other :-)

S.L.J - it can be quite sinister here at night..."


Well, the bad guys are pretty sinister. Vampires and all. :P


message 6: by Emily (new)

Emily Sanders | 13 comments I'll keep an eye out for fangs then :-)


message 7: by S.L.J. (new)

S.L.J. (sammyslj) | 13 comments Hehe, good idea. ;)


message 8: by Marnie (new)

Marnie (marnie19) Welcome Emily! Congratulations on your new baby. I am a recent empty nester ( my youngest left for college in the Fall) from the Seattle,Washington area. Reading baby books counts as reading too :).


message 9: by S.L.J. (new)

S.L.J. (sammyslj) | 13 comments P.s. I'm UK too. :D


message 10: by Emily (new)

Emily Sanders | 13 comments Thanks Marnie - I never need a reason to reread 'Where the Wild Things Are' or 'The Little Prince'.

S.L.J - I miss golden syrup.


message 11: by S.L.J. (new)

S.L.J. (sammyslj) | 13 comments Emily wrote: "Thanks Marnie - I never need a reason to reread 'Where the Wild Things Are' or 'The Little Prince'.

S.L.J - I miss golden syrup."


What about the full english in the morning?


message 12: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10023 comments Mod
Hi Emily, Welcome to the group. Happy to have you!


message 13: by Emily (new)

Emily Sanders | 13 comments Thanks Lori - and congratulations on the new job, it sounds amazing.


message 14: by Emily (new)

Emily Sanders | 13 comments What about the full english in the morning?"

Prefer a good cup of tea and a bowl of weetabix :-)


message 15: by S.L.J. (new)

S.L.J. (sammyslj) | 13 comments Emily wrote: "What about the full english in the morning?"

Prefer a good cup of tea and a bowl of weetabix :-)"


nah, that doesn't cure a hangover. :P


message 16: by Emily (new)

Emily Sanders | 13 comments S.L.J. wrote: "Emily wrote: "What about the full english in the morning?"

Prefer a good cup of tea and a bowl of weetabix :-)"

nah, that doesn't cure a hangover. :P"


Better for those arteries though...


back to top