Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3) Mockingjay discussion

Injustice

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Amber What injustice do you think was portrayed in the novel 'Mockingjay, by Suzanna Collins' in you opinion?

message 2: by Bittman (last edited Mar 16, 2013 10:50AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Bittman Prim's death. The whole point of Katniss volunteering for the Hunger Games in the first place was defeated in that moment.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Taking a vote on whether to send the Capitol Children into a Hunger Games (I can't remember if they decided to or not) It just sends them backwards and turns the Districts into the Capitol in a vicious cycle.

Isabella (All Da Ladies Luv Leo) Thomas Nicole di Angelo wrote: "Taking a vote on whether to send the Capitol Children into a Hunger Games (I can't remember if they decided to or not) It just sends them backwards and turns the Districts into the Capitol in a vic..."

Call me violent, but I think just 1 Hunger Games would've been right.

Ilana i think that prim dying for sure was one of them.

the other piece of it though that i think is an injustice is that Katniss was never able to enjoy anything that she was able to achieve and she suffered for it all. she gave up her life basically to save Prims by volunteering to go into the games, she wins the games through her relationship with Peeta, and she never gets to enjoy that because as soon as she admits to herself that somethings there, he's taken from her. she fights for all of the people and becomes their savior and never gets to enjoy even a moment of that becuase people were lying to her the entire time about who THEY were and then she's made to feel guilty about every decision that she makes as it affects everyone she knows.
so i think that's one of the biggest injustices. she's never able to take any joy or pleasure for her sacrifices or what she's accomplished.

message 6: by kirstin ✿ (last edited Mar 26, 2013 07:53AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

kirstin ✿ Inexplix wrote: "Prim's death. The whole point of Katniss volunteering for the Hunger Games in the first place was defeated in that moment."

I agree with her! ^

The war. Had it not been for Katniss it would not have happened. Katniss volunteered for the Games because she didn't want her sister to die. But Prim's death in the end made it all pointless. All she fought for was gone.

Another one was Gale leaving District 13 and Katniss.

message 7: by Mochaspresso (last edited Mar 26, 2013 11:01AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mochaspresso The entire society that they lived in. Everything about it was a complete injustice.