AUTHORS introducing their books to READERS discussion

GENERAL discussions > Hi everyone

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I have a similar page on facebook where authors introduce their work to readers, but fb is going nowhere and fast. There are so many new rules that you find out only when you break them and then they put you in "fb jail" for a few days. You can't really promote books anymore because fb views the posts as spam and in the jail you go. So I thought I'll create a group here and when we have more author posts, we'll start inviting readers and bloggers. Let me know if I should add more folders and please keep everything organized for easy find.

message 2: by Randy (new)

Randy Massey | 3 comments Thanks for creating this group! Yes, I am very familiar with the FB JAIL lol! They put me in there whenever I ask to many people to be friends! So now I p.m. them asking if they want to be friends. Seems to be safe for now! Anyway, glad to be here, hoping I can contribute for the benefit of all. Have a blessed day!
Randy Massey

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Randy wrote: "Thanks for creating this group! Yes, I am very familiar with the FB JAIL lol! They put me in there whenever I ask to many people to be friends! So now I p.m. them asking if they want to be friends...."

Glad to have you here Randy, invite friends over:)

message 4: by Rolje (new)

Rolje Rolje (roljersingimrum) | 8 comments Hi everyone! Thank you for inviting me, Cindy! I hope I can be active or I fear I will ask to be removed! :D

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Sim wrote: "Hi everyone! Thank you for inviting me, Cindy! I hope I can be active or I fear I will ask to be removed! :D"

Glad you're here Sim, in this group we are introducing our books to readers. Look around and post your books, trailer, excerpt:)

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

G.D. wrote: "Thanks for the Invite Erika! Now let's rock this joint!"

That's what I'm talking about. Post and invite friends, let's make this a big and useful group for authors and readers:)

message 7: by Sandi (new)

Sandi Hutcheson (GraceAdams) | 6 comments You're the best, Erika. I'll invite some friends.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

You can add your books, photos, recommend books (not your own) and let me know if you'd like me to add more folders. For now these are the ones I had in mind, but let's make this group fun and interesting to readers and fans:)

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Graceadams wrote: "You're the best, Erika. I'll invite some friends."

Thanks Grace, you made my day:)

message 10: by Teddy (new)

Teddy Jones Hi Erika,
Thanks for starting this group. I will post an excerpt from my book soon and will invite friends. And thanks to Gradeadams for inviting me!
See my Halfwide at www.facebook.com/halfwide and at www.tjoneswrites.com
Maybe it’s not fraud; it’s probably not a felony, either. But, going along with her husband’s latest adventure, a road trip on which she is to impersonate a visitor in several West Texas hospitals, makes Dorothy Faye Bell feel like a criminal. The trip’s events cause a storm of emotion which clears only after she finds a person she had forgotten, or never really knew, herself. Hers is a story of the search for purpose in midlife, spiced with West Texas characters and her own brand of humor.

message 11: by Jessa (new)

Jessa Callaver (jessa_callaver) | 2 comments Hello all! Thanks for the invite to the group. Happy to be here.

message 12: by Rolje (new)

Rolje Rolje (roljersingimrum) | 8 comments Erika wrote: "Sim wrote: "Hi everyone! Thank you for inviting me, Cindy! I hope I can be active or I fear I will ask to be removed! :D"

Glad you're here Sim, in this group we are introducing our books to reader..."

Okay, I've already posted my book trailer. Should do the rest. On it! Thanks again for having me!

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Jessa wrote: "Hello all! Thanks for the invite to the group. Happy to be here."

Hi Jessa, welcome to the group:)

message 14: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn Steele Hello everyone, thank you very much to Cindy for inviting me, hope to have some great book talk here.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Amazing post on my friend's blog, take a look:) http://authorvsnelson.com/blog/2013/0...