What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > Romance with vampire looking for cure to make him human [s]

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristy (last edited Mar 16, 2013 01:10AM) (new)

Kristy James (goodreadscomkristykjames) | 5 comments Hi. I am looking for a romance novel (not YA) about a vampire. I could be wrong, but I think it was written prior to 2003. I don't believe there was any sex in it, and I think it was a Harlequin (or something along those lines). I believe the cover showed a woman standing in front of a vampire in a black and red cloak.

This vampire only feeds off criminals (though he wasn't always that picky). He might have been a priest before he was turned.

One night rescues a woman who works at a hospital. She might be walking through a park after her shift ends late at night, and she's attacked. The vampire rescues her and takes her home until she's feeling better.

He begins to take her on classy dates. At some point he tells her, or she finds out, that he's a vampire. He knows there's a cure, and they take a cruise ship to another country. His biggest enemy, an evil vampire, is on the ship, too.

I can't remember a lot of it after that, but they finally find an old woman who tells them how to turn him back to a human.

They return home and the vampire knows he has to find where the evil vampire sleeps during the day before they can begin the process of curing him. Once he discovers the location, the woman steals a lot of blood from the hospital to help with the cure.

Once he's human again, they go to the abandoned building where the evil vampire sleeps. Together they drag him out into the sun, where he dies.

That's about all I can remember. If anyone can remember the title and/or author, I'd truly appreciate it. Thanks so much! :)

Kristy

message 2: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (med0ra) | 436 comments Maybe The Cure by Susan Phelan?
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/27...

message 3: by Kristy (new)

Kristy James (goodreadscomkristykjames) | 5 comments Thanks, Lisa. Unfortunately that's not the book I'm looking for. Last night, as I continued to scour Google, I remembered that the word 'darkness' might be in the title. I'm not 100% certain, and I definitely had no luck finding it using that search term either.

message 4: by Jai (new)

Jai | 61 comments I remember the Christopher Moore book had vampires and a cruise boat.

Bite Me by Christopher Moore You Suck (A Love Story, #2) by Christopher Moore

message 5: by Kristy (new)

Kristy James (goodreadscomkristykjames) | 5 comments Hi, Jen...
That's not it either. The more I think about it, the more I'm sure it had the word 'darkness' in the title. I might be completely wrong about that, but it's what I keep seeing when I think about it. Thanks for the the title though. I have more books on my ten-mile long TBR list. :)

message 6: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (med0ra) | 436 comments Out of the Darkness by Lynn Erickson?
http://www.fictiondb.com/author/lynn-...

message 7: by Kristy (new)

Kristy James (goodreadscomkristykjames) | 5 comments Lisa wrote: "Out of the Darkness by Lynn Erickson?
http://www.fictiondb.com/author/lynn-..."

THAT IS IT! Thank you! Now if I can just find it again. Apparently it was kind of old when I read it. Thanks so much. Now I can stop the searches on Google. :)

message 8: by Kristy (new)

Kristy James (goodreadscomkristykjames) | 5 comments I just ordered it from Amazon. It should be here by April 8th. :)

message 9: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (med0ra) | 436 comments You're welcome.