What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Eternal Enemy
This topic is about The Eternal Enemy
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. possibly scifi, read it in the mid 90s [s]

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amanda (new) - added it

Amanda | 54 comments Ok, this book was about a guy who was sent back in time or something to stop this guy from inventing these cyborg/robot human things. They looked just like humans and had flesh and could bleed but they had wires at the core instead of bones. (view spoiler) Everything else is kinda hazy. It could be older then mid 90s but that's when I read it. It had a touch of romance to it as well, a girl he liked.

message 2: by caracal-eyes (new)

caracal-eyes | 134 comments One of the Blade Runner books? The Edge of Human --Sounds similar, at least...

Sounds also similar to Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?...which the books mentioned above are,I believe based off of/inspired by.

message 3: by Amanda (new) - added it

Amanda | 54 comments No, it's not that. This was more like something written by V.C. Andrews or Christopher Pike.

message 4: by Amanda (new) - added it

Amanda | 54 comments I remember one scene in particular (view spoiler)

message 5: by Amanda (new) - added it

Amanda | 54 comments Time Riders is to recent, this is from the mid 90s. Kage Baker's series sounds good but that's not it either. It was only one person and no one official sent him back. One of the most vivid scene's I remember is the one I mentioned above when he cuts himself on accident (view spoiler)

message 6: by Amanda (new) - added it

Amanda | 54 comments bump

message 7: by Amanda (new) - added it

Amanda | 54 comments bump

message 8: by Andy (new)

Andy Love | 2099 comments This makes me think of Cowl but that's from 2004

message 9: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 5052 comments Amanda, was it a standalone novel, or part of a series?

message 10: by Amanda (new) - added it

Amanda | 54 comments It was a stand alone novel.

message 11: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39865 comments Mod
Amanda, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 12: by Amanda (new) - added it

Amanda | 54 comments Yes, I'm still looking.

message 13: by Daphne (new)

Daphne | 245 comments Vaguely reminds me of The Phoenix Code by Catherine Asaro. No time travel there, but it is a romance about a guy trying to stop a robot, and the spoiler applies.

message 14: by Amanda (new) - added it

Amanda | 54 comments That one does sound interesting but the in one I'm looking for the main character is male.

Sophie (notemily) | 478 comments Are you sure the MC is male? This sounds almost exactly like The Eternal Enemy, which has a female protagonist who discovers she's a robot. I remember the flesh-over-wires part, and also the cutting her hand while chopping vegetables part. And she meets a guy who turns out to be her grandfather (or he will be in the future), and she finds out she's been sent back in time, I think to kill him or stop him from inventing the robots.

message 16: by Amanda (new) - added it

Amanda | 54 comments Oh my! Yes that is it! I recognize the cover. Don't know why I thought the main character was a male, might be one of the reasons why I was having trouble finding it. Thanks so much, The Eternal Enemy is my book. Thank you Sophie!

Sophie (notemily) | 478 comments No problem, glad I could help!