Paranormal Creatures discussion

Creature discussions > Best Demons

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jackie - Fire & Ice Book Reviews (jackiefireicebookreviews) What books do you think has the best demons. Think about power,and description etc. What book make demons seem the scariest?

message 2: by Mark (new)

Mark Carver (markcarverbooks) | 17 comments The demons in Faust made the strongest impression on me. When Faust asks what they're doing out of hell, they reply that anywhere they are is hell. *chills*

Jackie - Fire & Ice Book Reviews (jackiefireicebookreviews) Wow thats crazy, now I have to read that.

message 4: by Mark (new)

Mark Carver (markcarverbooks) | 17 comments I've read several classics featuring demons and/or the devil, and they seem more demonic and infernal to me than a lot of modern stuff. Demons are often "humanized" in contemporary fiction, which is fine, but it can sometimes neuter the demons of their menace and "demon-ness."

Could you recommend some modern books with really intense (and clearly evil) demons?

message 5: by Kaine (new)

Kaine Andrews (kaineandrews) | 75 comments Mark wrote: "Could you recommend some modern books with really intense (and clearly evil) demons?"

Recently picked up Chasing Evil's Shadow, been working through it; the demons (called Cipes in this tale) are brutal, disgusting and properly vile. The only problem is wading through the misplaced/missing punctuation and frequent forays into bad-romance-novel-land. Also thought the demons in City Infernal and its sequels were suitably gruesome, nasty and well presented.

message 6: by Robert (new)

Robert Davis (rbdavis5) | 73 comments (not intending this as self promotion) The Rakasha Demon is evil.

Michelle Sedai of the Brown Ajah (michellekobus) I love the way Tad Williams portrays demons, especially in the Shadowmarch series. :)

message 8: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) The best demons are the ones that are synical, violent and unreachable to the offering of peace to mankind.

message 9: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 38 comments I tend to think the best demons are the ones who play with the whole "I was born a demon, but I'm not evil" thing. When in fact they are the most evil things out there. The whole psychology of it. I mean it plays with sterotypes, and mental/emotional abuse of the person/creature they are tryin to convince or gain the trust of.

message 10: by Robert (new)

Robert Davis (rbdavis5) | 73 comments I write a lot of demons, and my favorite thing is to make the demons not 'evil' but they are going to do what they need to survive. The obvious problem being, humans suffer for them to survive. "Evil or just surviving all depends on what side of the fork you are on"

message 11: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) Roberts Rakasha has got to be one of the most vicious things in a book in the history of ever. I read it a week ago and it still gives me chills just thinking about it.

Like I cannot even or want to even imagine making love to this gorgeous woman and then she turns into a flippin tigeress and bites my leg off and I'm excited by it...gahh no!! Any demon who does crazy stuff like that got to be one of the best. Thanks for the lingering nightmares Robert! lol

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Lol. Very creepy.

『ᴡɪᴄᴋʟɪɴɢ ᴛʀᴀsʜ ● ɢᴏᴏᴅʙʏᴇ』 (wickling) | 31 comments Meg Masters. Meg's best Pony Demon.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Lol. She is pretty good