Shades of Milk and Honey (Glamourist Histories, #1) Shades of Milk and Honey discussion

Shades of Milk and Honey

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Mashiara I'm getting ready to start reading "Shades of Milk and Honey" by Mary Robinette Kowal. If anyone's read it, or is interesting in reading it, join in the discussion!

The only thing I've read by Kowal was a sample three chapters from a children's novel she was working on and had posted on her website. However, I'm familiar with her from the podcast "Writing Excuses," where she is a co-host with Brandon Sanderson, Dan Wells, and Howard Tayler.

Since I've been listening to their podcasts, I've had a desire to read one of her books, but haven't gotten around to it yet. Now I am ready to give it a go. I'm very excited about "Shades" because it's been described as Jane Austin, but with magic.

Katherine I loved Shades of Milk and Honey as well as the second book. I am eagerly counting down the days when I can get my hads on the 3rd book.

Molihua Mashiara wrote: "I'm very excited about "Shades" because it's been described as Jane Austin, but with magic."

That's pretty accurate, though characters and their relationships aren't as complicated as Austen's. It's pretty good by itself though! Yes, there's magic, but it's the characters that drive the story.

So have you read it yet? What did you think of it?