AUTHORS introducing their books to READERS discussion

AUTHORS introduce your books > Birthright Bestowed-book one of Ilona the Hun novels

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 14, 2013 04:51PM) (new)

Birthright Bestowed by Erika M. Szabo
Urban fantasy-ancient secrets-romance with a twist
Birthright-Bestowed, book one of Ilona the Hun trilogy-published October 18 2012 by 5 Prince Publishing
Ilona is an emergency room doctor, born into an ancient Hun tribe which still exists hidden amongst us with its strict and fiercely enforced rules. She doesn’t know much about her Hun heritage besides legends, customs and rituals that she continues out of respect for her parents whose sudden death ten years before devastated her. She plays her tune on her birthday given to her by her grandmother. Elza – Ilona’s housekeeper - explains the purpose of the tune is to let the elders know she had come to age. Her mother didn’t have a chance to explain her inherited powers, but after her 29th birthday when she is considered as an adult by Hun standards, she begins to remember the forgotten instructions concealed as rhymes her mother was teaching her since she was a small child. Ilona discovers she can heal with her bare hands; she can rearrange the human body to its healthy state. This ability is exciting as well as frightening. She is conflicted between having confidence in her intelligence and inherited abilities while having no confidence as a woman. Her insecurity created barriers which keep others out, and I also keep her caged in. She’s been in love with her unsuspecting best friend Bela, when a dashing stranger explodes into her life. The sudden magnetic feeling frightens her and discovering evil in him doesn’t help either. A sinister dark man appears Ilona connects his presence with the series of mysterious deaths around her. Zoltan saves her life by jeopardizing his, which prompts Ilona to start fitting the puzzle pieces together and discovering the ancient tribal secrets that not only can change her future but the future existence of the Huns as well.
More at http://www.authorerikamszabo.com
Buy:
http://www.amazon.com/Birthright-Best...
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/birth...
https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/birt...
https://www.createspace.com/4045394

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

2 new reviews:
4.0 out of 5 stars Like NO other supernatural story! MUCH BETTER, March 18, 2013
By Carrie Fort "Indy Book Fairy" (Arizona) - See all my reviewsThis review is from: Birthright Bestowed (Ilona the Hun novels) (Kindle Edition)
What a great read!
The story was fabulous, I sat down and was easily wrapped into the story. I was so impressed by the Hun Tribe and Ilona!
It wasn't to fast or too slow it was... Just..... Perfect!
It was inline any other story I have ever read.
I look forward to reading more from this series and this author!!
I was given book by author for an honest review LoP

5 out of 5 stars Simply Amazing!!!!!!, March 18, 2013
By LesikarThis review is from: Birthright Bestowed (Ilona the Hun novels) (Kindle Edition)
What can I say, I loved this book and the story, it was amazing. I stepped into the world of Ilona and she took me on a journey. Ilona is a great woman who is coming of age at 29 ( nice to see older females in a book). Ilona has a good career and friends, but she lacks in self-confidence when it comes to herself. You will meet some considerable people in this world, and it was very refreshing and exciting. This book is like sitting down to watch your favorite TV show...and you just can't wait to see what happens next. Now I must go and see if book 2 is available I can't wait. We all need a little Fantasy at times, and this is the book for that. Birthright Bestowed by Erika M. Szabo

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Another great new review
Missdevora's review
Mar 19, 13
4 of 5 stars
Recommended for: Mystery, paranormal, romance readers.
Read from March 14 to 19, 2013

I received this book for free in exchange for an honest review from the Goodreads group Lovers of Paranormal, R2R Program.
I like how the author starts each of her chapters, using the meaning of plants and flowers and a definition as the theme of the section, it is very unique.
The cover is also very beautiful and describes Ilona's features perfectly, especially her eyes.
Some parts of the book are written in the Hun language, which gives a special touch to the legends and rhymes.
The concept of the Huns, in this book, has nothing to do with the battles of Attila or history, although he and other well-known people are mentioned in the right moment, surrounded by folklore.
The Huns have special abilities or gifts: foreseeing the future, time traveling, healing with a touch, creating dreams or create art that suggests music. The Huns are also full of mystery and they reach more knowledge when they reach certain ages, and cannot be told from others until the time is right.
Illona is a 29 year old doctor, who can heal her patients with the modern medicine and her secret gift, but is better to be kept away from the kitchen or electronic devices. She also is in love with her best friend and starting to fall in love with the mysterious hun that just moved in town.
While she tries to solve the mysteries about being a True Hun and reevaluates herself as a woman, who is quite insecure, she is being attacked several times.
The universe created in this book is original, mystical and unique; in fact it's so original I have nothing to compare it with.
I look forward to the second book as this one left me with a huge cliffhanger and hunger to know more about the fabulous world that Erika created!

AUTHORS introducing their books to READERS

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Protected by The Falcon (other topics)