Clean Romances discussion

General Chat > Old school stuff

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nanci (new)

Nanci | 62 comments Ok, maybe I am just old but I get so tired of the whole love triangle thing. Can't there just be one guy who falls in love with one girl. I have SUCH a hard time with the agonizing between which boy to choose. Let's just build a romance. Isn't that what it is all about? There was a boy, there was a girl. Put them together and see the chemistry form. I guess the fantasy of being fought over is one I have never bought into. I am getting so I shy away from some YA novels because I can't stand the thought of all that angst.

Does anyone else feel this way?

message 2: by Janeal (new)

Janeal Falor I do!

I mean, I'll read a book with some angst and a triangle and still enjoy it on occasion. Most of the time though, I'd rather have the hero and heroine building up their love story. Falling in love one character at a time is definitely more to my taste.

message 3: by Darlene (new)

Darlene Deluca (darlenedeluca) | 23 comments Speaking of old school . . . I got this review for my novel, Unexpected Legacy. It might appeal to you!

http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

message 4: by D.D. Chant (new)

D.D. Chant (DDChant) | 188 comments Nanci wrote: "Ok, maybe I am just old but I get so tired of the whole love triangle thing. Can't there just be one guy who falls in love with one girl. I have SUCH a hard time with the agonizing between which ..."

I COMPLETELY agree with you Nanci! And not just because I always choose to love the character who doesn't get the the girl!!! *facepalm*

I also thing if she can't choose between the two, then she doesn't love either of them enough to stay with them FOREVER.

message 5: by Yue (new)

Yue | 22 comments Hell yeah, I second the motion! This plot is so tiring... I remember I read a book I loved when I was younger, Something's Rotten in the State of Maryland. Very YA-ish and no dramas. Others that are among my favorites:

- The Ugly Stepsister Strikes Back
- The Ghost and the Goth (trilogy, with a bit of paranormal)
- Being Jamie Baker (paranormal too)

message 6: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Harris | 3 comments Amen to Nancy's comment. It seems like such a false dilemma. How many people develop two intense romances at the same time?

Zoe and the Edge | 19 comments Janette Rallison writes fabulously clean and sweet and no love triangled romances.

message 8: by Amy (new)

Amy Keeley (safire_blue) | 89 comments I think it's a way of introducing conflict without creating conflict between the hero and heroine.