Goodreads Authors/Readers discussion

Science Fiction > hay guys what is your favorite science fiction book.

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tamara (new)

Tamara A | 25 comments my favorite is Damia and all the books from the Rowan series

message 2: by K.L. (new)

K.L. Zolnoski (KLZolnoski) | 6 comments The Rowan series is one of my all time favorite series. For a single book I would have to say Earth by David Brin.

message 3: by Tamara (new)

Tamara A | 25 comments that's grate, i love SI-FI. AND I LOVE MOVIES THAT R SI-FI

message 4: by K.L. (new)

K.L. Zolnoski (KLZolnoski) | 6 comments That's wonderful. Do you have a favorite movie?

message 5: by Tamara (new)

Tamara A | 25 comments i think it is called gateka. and star wars, and star trak

message 6: by Russell (new)

Russell (SuperCaptainFantastic) | 1 comments Dune

message 7: by K.L. (new)

K.L. Zolnoski (KLZolnoski) | 6 comments I love the Star Trek reboot. Fantastically done.

Dune, aye? I just met Sir Patrick Stewart at the Emerald City Comic Con two weeks ago. He had a very funny story to tell about Dune. I actually posted it on my blog over at M31 publishing. I can get you a link if you're interested.

message 8: by Brian (new)

Brian Niemeier (brianniemeier) | 5 comments Dune first; followed by its odd-numbered sequels.

message 9: by Michael (new)

Michael Brookes (technohippy) Excession by Ian M Banks is a great sci-fi novel.

message 10: by Tamara (new)

Tamara A | 25 comments it feels like not alot of new books are SI-FI anymore.

message 11: by Mary (new)

Mary Davie (marylouisedavie) | 15 comments My favorite book is Sunstorm by Arthur C Clarke and while I watch every SciFi movie, I haven't found one that I love as much as reading a good book. The mind pictures things so much better than anyone can put in a movie!

message 12: by Jenelle (new)

Jenelle Icarus Hunt by Timothy Zahn is hands-down my favorite sci-fi book of all time.

I enjoyed Dune. I loved Gattica (though I think I have missed the first 15 minutes every time I've watched it...). Huge star wars fan. Recent star trek fan.

Have you read any of the Star Wars books? They're fantastic!

message 13: by Carl (last edited Mar 28, 2013 12:28PM) (new)

Carl Lee (carllee2850) | 9 comments All time favorite, Ender’s Game…

And of course, I’m really partial to this darn thing that keeps following me around.

A Stone's Throw Away by Carl Lee

Glowing reviews and all. lol, sorry... (but really, one reviewer even confessed to leaving work early to re-engage the story)

I had to coin my own genre: Post-Apocalyptic Sci-fi Action-Adventure Thriller

message 14: by D.J. (last edited Mar 27, 2013 05:56PM) (new)

D.J. Edwardson | 62 comments Perelandra

Perelandra (Space Trilogy, #2) by C.S. Lewis

Simply could not put this book down. Completely different than any other sci-fi I have ever read. A masterpiece.

message 15: by Tamara (new)

Tamara A | 25 comments there r endless amazing book

message 16: by Jenelle (new)

Jenelle Oh yes, Ender's Game and Perelandra are also fantastic.

D.J. Have you read the rest of the trilogy? I really liked Out of the Silent Planet, but That Hideous Strength is one of the very few books I just couldn't get through... no matter how hard I tried.

message 17: by Leonie (new)

Leonie (leonierogers) | 42 comments Jenelle wrote: "Oh yes, Ender's Game and Perelandra are also fantastic.

D.J. Have you read the rest of the trilogy? I really liked Out of the Silent Planet, but That Hideous Strength is one of the very few books ..."

I've always loved CS Lewis' trilogy of Out of the Silent Planet, Perelandra and That Hideous Strength. That Hideous Strength is a bit of an uncomfortable read though, mainly because, in my opinion, it exposes some forms of political correctness and post modernism as manipulative tools for the hierarchy as described in the book.

There are some not so pleasant insights into the ways we, as humans, sometimes work. But you have to love Dr Ransom!