Why We Broke Up Why We Broke Up discussion

Why We Broke Up

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Acp (new) - rated it 3 stars

Acp What did everyone think of Min's character overall?

message 2: by A.b (new) - rated it 4 stars

A.b By the end of the novel I liked her a lot more. At first; however, I really kind of though she was a little much. This is probably because I couldn't relate to her but by the last sentence of Why We Broke Up, I felt like I understood Min and what she was going through.

message 3: by Tmm (new) - rated it 1 star

Tmm I didn't really like her. I couldn't really relate to her and her weird obsession with old movies and actresses. If I were Ed I would have been annoyed and creeped out that she sent me a box with all their keepsakes from their realtionship...like what I don't want this!? I can understand the frustration with him but I thought the box was a little too over the top.

message 4: by Mor (new) - rated it 3 stars

Mor I agree with the comment above. I couldn't relate to her whatsoever. If you put this scenario in how high school really works, she would have been labelled as the strange ex. I would never do some of the things she did.

Carrie I loved Min's character and could relate to her a lot. I know most of us would never actually gather up keepsakes of a past relationship and leave them with a letter at our ex's doorstop, but I think most of us can understand that feeling of wanting to.

Nicole I loved Min's character as well. Although I am not that type of person who has this weird obsession with old black and white movies and celebrities, I could still relate to her. Plus, if she didn't refer to all these old movies and etc, the "artsy" description of hers wouldn't be that fitting. Her obsession brought her individuality and personality as a character.