Addicted to YA discussion

Movies and TV Shows > Veronica Mars

Comments Showing 1-50 of 57 (57 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Anna (new)

Anna | 300 comments I'm seriously exited! (jumps up and down!) Just heard that The Veronica Mars movie project has been launched on Kickstarted. Their aim was to raise $2,000,000 by 12 April 2013 to fund a movie for 2014. The VM team are offering lots of freebies for anyone who donates to the project. So far they have raised over $2,800,000 (squeels!!) and still counting - the more funds raised the more money for the movie. You can still donate and scoop freebies on
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/5...

If you've never heard of Veronica Mars before, check it out. It was THE BEST YA teen show out there. With no vamps or weres, Veronica Mars is sleuth detective with an attitude and the show has a film noir slant. She walks all over Buffy and beats any other American youth drama/teen show I have seen. Even TVD.

message 2: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Petrakis | 7 comments I am a HUGE fan of the TV series - I have it on DVD and watch it every so often. It's a shame they didn't continue the series but I'm excited to hear about the movie - I can't believe I never heard a word about it till now. I even named one of the characters in my book after her!

message 3: by Venise (new)

Venise Webb (vwebb) | 22 comments This is good news for me. I am obsessed with Veronica Mars and have been waiting for news about the movie since the show ended. Thanks for posting this.

message 4: by Anna (last edited Mar 17, 2013 04:44AM) (new)

Anna | 300 comments Glad this helped! Currently $3,500,000 and rising albeit slowly now! I was wondering if I was the last to know - I'd never heard of Kickstarter before but its such a great idea! Spread the word!

I've found two more interesting articles: the first one is an interview with Rob Thomas a day or two ago just before he expanded the rewards to include Canada. It talks about how he got the project to this stage and what they're planning to do with the money.

http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watc...

The other one is an interview with Stephen Dengler the guy who bought up the £10,000 reward which is kind of fun.
http://popwatch.ew.com/2013/03/13/ver...

Now just hoping that they will be able to expand the rewards to the UK. I think if they expand the rewards to the rest of the world Rob Thomas will get the $5,000,000 which is his dream target.

message 5: by Ela (new)

Ela I'm so excited I never thought a movie was gonna happen, I can't wait!!

message 6: by Anna (new)

Anna | 300 comments Agreed - when I first heard about it I thought it was another false alarm but its going ahead! Its even posted on imdb now as a 2015 launch.

message 7: by Ela (new)

Ela Can't. Deal. With. The. Excitement.

message 8: by Anna (last edited Mar 28, 2013 05:28AM) (new)

Anna | 300 comments Two updates in 24 hours:

1. 27 March:
As of right now, residents of the following countries can pledge to the Veronica Mars Kickstarter Project: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Spain, Sweden, UK.

28th March:
We are now open for business in Brazil, Mexico, Norway and Switzerland.

Our first nine reward levels are available to backers in these countries.

Hurray!
New total $4,110,000 and rising! 15 days to go so Rob's dream target is still possible.

message 9: by Jo (new)

Jo Hogarth | 5 comments this will be awesome. I also really like Kristen Bell in House of Lies. For someone who knows the management consulting field as intimately as I do it's hilarious.

message 10: by Anna (last edited Mar 28, 2013 09:14AM) (new)

Anna | 300 comments Agreed - very excited and the pledges have picked up again.
I've never seen House of Lies. Do you know if it is on UK tv?

message 11: by Anna (new)

Anna | 300 comments An Article on whether there could be a follow up series:
http://uk.eonline.com/news/398634/ver...

message 12: by Anna (last edited Apr 09, 2013 01:59AM) (new)

Anna | 300 comments 4 days to go, the current total is £4,878,000.
There are lots of cool updates coming up for backers and a new $1 backer tier (which gives you access to all updates). Check it out!

message 13: by Anna (last edited Apr 12, 2013 04:03AM) (new)

Anna | 300 comments 16 hours to go. $5,295,000 raised and climbing!
New Video updates by Rob Thomas, 'Logan and Veronica'.
New rewards offered at 1pm EST today.
Currently 83,600 backers: help us break the highest no of backers (87,000), so if you have a dollar to spare, come over to
and join the campaign.

message 14: by Anna (last edited Apr 13, 2013 10:41AM) (new)

Anna | 300 comments Final figures
91,585 backers raised $5,702,153
Go Marshmallows!

And if you are in the US it looks like you can watch a rerun...
SOAPnet is airing an 11-hour marathon on Sun, April 15 from 8 am-7 pm ET before moving to its regular timeslots.
Starting Mon, April 16, "Veronica Mars" will air Monday-Friday at 5 pm and 6 pm; Saturdays from 1-4 pm; and Sundays 10 am-1 pm http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04...

message 15: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (booklover723) | 17 comments I love this show and can't wait for the movie

message 16: by Anna (last edited Jul 26, 2013 03:26PM) (new)

Anna | 300 comments Totally with you on that Lauren, I've been getting regular updates through Kickstarter as I am a backer. Very exciting! You'll be pleased to know that filming finished a couple of days ago. The team are having a couple of days break then on to cutting editing etc. :D

message 17: by Taherah (new)

Taherah LOVE THIS SHOW SOSOSO MUCH!! I seriously wrote a fangirly blog post on it :P It's HERE if you want to check it out :)

message 18: by Anna (new)

Anna | 300 comments ROFL! You've got it bad Taherah! :D

Crystal Elizabeth | 41 comments CAN'T WAIT FOR THE MOVIE!!!

Crystal Elizabeth | 41 comments I've missed LoVe. They better get together.

message 21: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 113 comments Yh hopefully they will! They were sooo adorable together <3 Poor Piz just couldn't compete...

message 22: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Petrakis | 7 comments Sorry - I was always a Veronica /Duncan fan - I was kind of hoping he would come back......

I'm a huge fan and really wished they had kept the series going.

I am a bit disappointed that the movie, which is set 10 years down the track, is still back to Logan and Piz..

Crystal Elizabeth | 41 comments Is it 10 years? Wow ... But I read somewhere that the writers were always going to have LoVe together. Is Duncan even going to be in the movie? Like make an appearance or something?

message 24: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Petrakis | 7 comments No duncan in movie according to the updates. It's just my own wishful thinking :)

message 25: by Ela (new)

Ela Has anyone seen it yet???

message 26: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Petrakis | 7 comments No - I've ordered the DVD but not out till may. Also ordered the novel!

Crystal Elizabeth | 41 comments That's so cool that they're coming out with a novel. Definitely getting it! And the movie doesn't even come out in Australia! Why? :'(

message 28: by Anna (new)

Anna | 300 comments I went to see it in London. :)

message 29: by SAM (new)

SAM | 63 comments Movie was good. Seemed rushed since I am used to a whole season for Veronica to solve a big case. But still satisfied my mid-season cancellation complaints and questions. The book is out! I am waiting for it to come into the library!

message 30: by Magdalena (new)

Magdalena | 4 comments our love is epic scene coud have been better but over all it was good to short for so many characters, i know couple more series which ended that i would be happy to see as a movie like that one :D

message 31: by Anna (new)

Anna | 300 comments I agree a series would have been better ;)

♥♡¢σσкιє♥♡ (Krystle)  (kookiekrysp88) | 27 comments Ahhhhh! I have been searching for someone to talk to about this movie/TV show! It was rushed, but I still loved it and I hope they make more. I'm looking forward to the book too!
The Thousand-Dollar Tan Line (Veronica Mars, #1) by Rob Thomas

I feel like they could make a new series too. All they have to do is age it up a little because the original series always felt like it was ahead of it's time, but I think the world is ready for it now. Lol

Glad I found a place to dork out over the movie!! :D

message 33: by Anna (new)

Anna | 300 comments Hi Cookie all marshmallows welcome to dork here! Not sure how much detail we should reveal about the movie as I'm guessing some may still be waiting for the DVD but who was your favourite character this time round?

♥♡¢σσкιє♥♡ (Krystle)  (kookiekrysp88) | 27 comments This time It was all about Veronica for me. I really love the way she was true to herself and what she wanted out if life. She made some brave choices, and she did it all with her trademark snark. lol

Logan was my second fav, and is it a spoiler if I say he looks really good in white? Because he looked sooooooo handsome!!

I would live to hear who your favorite was? :)

message 35: by Anna (new)

Anna | 300 comments His uniform made me snigger! He does 'intense and wounded' so well! I loved Leo this time round and Keith is always a favourite of mine. I could go on ;D

♥♡¢σσкιє♥♡ (Krystle)  (kookiekrysp88) | 27 comments Right?! I hated him on the first few episodes of the show, but as soon as he cried, I was all about Logan! He just got better as the series went in too. Gotta love that character development.

Keith is always awesome! :)

message 37: by Anna (last edited Mar 31, 2014 12:14PM) (new)

Anna | 300 comments Yeh he was a bigger dick than Dick to begin with! But that first clinch with VM is so cute - on the balcony after he beats up the weird guy who 'kidnaps' Veronica only to discovers he's under cover!

♥♡¢σσкιє♥♡ (Krystle)  (kookiekrysp88) | 27 comments Lol, he definitely came a long way from vandalizing her car!

message 39: by Anna (new)

Anna | 300 comments He he. Do you ever wish Duncan returned to the series or did you feel his exit was ,'right'.

♥♡¢σσкιє♥♡ (Krystle)  (kookiekrysp88) | 27 comments I was glad to see him go personally, I hated it when they got back together, but Logan was hilarious about the whole thing.
"If the best part was the cuddling afterwords, he didn't do it right."--Logan

That was one of my favorite lines from that season. Lol

What are your thoughts on Piz? Like? Hate? Or just don't care?

message 41: by Ela (last edited Mar 31, 2014 03:15PM) (new)

Ela (Yay, so glad there's more activity here!)

Like, but he in no way can compete with Logan, I kinda think it's a shame they became a couple. Especially after seeing the movie (view spoiler)

Btw love that Logan quote but my fav Duncan Veronica Logan moment was when Veronica thought Logan was Duncan and lay down on top of him.
"It's the sweater isn't it."
:D

message 42: by Anna (new)

Anna | 300 comments Piz is cute but just not edgy enough. I'd like to say 'don't care' but (view spoiler)

message 43: by Anna (last edited Apr 12, 2014 03:46AM) (new)

Anna | 300 comments If you're feeling guilty about hating Piz over Logan, Chris Lowell has launched a Kickstarter to raise money to help distribute an independent film he has made: Besides Still Waters. It's not connected to VM. He is trying to get 5000 backers so if you have $1 to spare or just want to see Chris Lowell, check this out. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...

message 44: by Padgett (new)

Padgett Lively I liked the movie although it did seem rushed. Also looked like they were setting it up for a sequel or, dare we hope, a new series.

Definitely Logan.

message 45: by Anna (new)

Anna | 300 comments I suppose we are so used to storylines developing slowly...I'm not hearing any talk of follow ups...:(

message 46: by Padgett (new)

Padgett Lively Me either -just hoping.

message 47: by Anna (new)

Anna | 300 comments :)

message 48: by Cassie (new)

Cassie Doran | 58 comments Let's Schimdt

message 49: by Johanna (new)

Johanna (johijoha) | 39 comments You do realize there are follow up books? I think it's two or three by now.
I loved the show (exept for parts of season three) and I appreciated the movie for what it was, even if it wasn't really very good.
Though it always did annoy me, that RT seemed to dislike Logan so much (he was almost from the beginning my favorite character).

message 50: by Marguerite (M) (new)

Marguerite (M) About that, did anyone read the books ?
I'm a huge fan of the TV show, I must have seen it at least 6 times. But I didn't try the books yet.

« previous 1