Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Questions > Troubleshoot

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Robin (new)

Robin Tidwell (robintidwell) | 2 comments Anyone having issues with editing profiles? It keeps telling me I need Librarian status, which I have....

message 2: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 42415 comments Mod
No, you have Goodreads Author status. That gives you limited editing abilities on your own books, and the ability to edit your own author profile. Not anyone else's.

message 3: by Robin (new)

Robin Tidwell (robintidwell) | 2 comments Well, I HAD Librarian status. And I do, apparently, in some sections. Very odd.

message 4: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (lynnmckenzie) | 5 comments First of all, I'm leaving a message here because I can't figure out how to post a new topic. Sorry.

Second, I need to post two books to my author profile. They are already in Goodreads. I can't figure out how to do this. Here are the ISBN numbers:

SURRENDER, by Lynn McKenzie

B00BPVYK8G

NO REST FOR THE WICKED, edited by Stacey Graham

My name is misspelt in the anthology as "MacKenzie".

I am NOT the Lynn McKenzie who authored this book:

LOVE NEVER FAILS YOU...

Thanks for your help. Sorry, I'm still new at all this. I do have an author profile, but I couldn't seem to do what was needed from it.

message 5: by Koenraad (new)

Koenraad (koenraadkelemen) | 4999 comments Both books show up on your author profile now. For further reference, you are Lynn^^McKenzie, where ^ stands for a space. If you are adding new books in the future, just add that extra space between your first and last name and your book will end up on the right author profile (the extra space doesn't influence the search function, it's just the way Goodreads differentiates writers with identical names).
If you can provide a link to a cover for Surrender on a non-bookseller site, we can add it for you.

message 6: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (lynnmckenzie) | 5 comments Thank you so much! I thought that extra space was a mistake (oops!). I get it now.

I don't know if you can use this link. If not, I'll find another:

https://www.createspace.com/4181289

Again, thanks!

Lynn

message 7: by Catalina (new)

Catalina | 2065 comments #6 Done

message 8: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (lynnmckenzie) | 5 comments You guys are quick! Thanks!

message 9: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 42415 comments Mod
Lynn wrote: "First of all, I'm leaving a message here because I can't figure out how to post a new topic."

From the group's main page (http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/2...), click "new" (topics: all | new | unread)