Beautiful Disaster (Beautiful, #1) Beautiful Disaster discussion

what do you think of Travis and Abby's realtionship?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 64 (64 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Amia (last edited Mar 22, 2013 10:52PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amia THEIR RELATIONSHIP IS A ALL AROUND ENJOYABLE HOT MESS IN MY OPNION

Ashley I really loved the book, but I felt like things were rushed at the end of the book too. They were not ready to get married. Its like she had to finish the story under a certain amount of pages.

Maya honestly their relationship is a perfect sign for very unhealthy, controlling, abusive guy. idc how many girls love him the guy is exactly what that chick said in the book "co dependency, out of no where." i forgot what abby's roommate name was anyways she seemed to be the only one who had a right mind.

travis is too much of a hot head, you dont just beat people up because you are jealous *red flag*. and he barely had any respect for women.

i disliked them both to be honest, if someone wants to read and understand an unhealthy relationship thats doomed to for the worst be my guest and read the book. The book completely glosses over unhealthy relationship to be love.

Gracie I agree with you. "travis is too much of a hot head, you dont just beat people up because you are jealous *red flag*. and he barely had any respect for women."

I just finish reading the book..in my opinion their relationship is like teenage relationship not an adult one.

Is one book i won't read again.

message 5: by marie (last edited Mar 19, 2013 11:12AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

marie I get what you all you are saying but I feel differntly about Travis. I was 19 when I met my hubby and less than seven months later married. 15 years later and 5 sons later we are still together. Hubby tells me all the time if I left or died he would be a shell of a man. My sons sometimes just tear up and I ask whats up and they say I was thinking about when you die and then they say mom my world won't make sense without you. If the men in my life feel like that and I'm very much alive is heartbreaking. So I can totally picture Travis growing up with a father who was shell of a man and older brothers who had to become a father to him while dealing with being motherless. All the women in travis life never cared they just wanted a notch in there bed post. Abbey however was real and thinking if she had the normal real that would make life better. None of those other women wanted to look past the scars, rage, and demons Travis had. Abbey became is friend first learning all the things that truley make the man and found out that man was truley something wonderful. So yeah I'll re-read this book over and over.

50shadeslvr The love that Travis feels for Abby was intense..I will agree to that. Is he jealous and a hot head? yes, but that's part of who he is. To the people that feels he has no respect for women, I totally disagree. He loved Abby and respected her in my opinion. To the hos that he screwed earlier in the book, they obviously didn't mind being disrespected by spreading their legs for him.

Amia 50shadeslvr wrote: "The love that Travis feels for Abby was intense..I will agree to that. Is he jealous and a hot head? yes, but that's part of who he is. To the people that feels he has no respect for women, I tot..."

i agree that he loves abby but i think that it will be a long road before he completely respects her. i feel that they will make a wrong turn somewhere and they will just end up hating each other

Mochaspresso While I did enjoy the book, I will readily admit that I thought their relationship was extremely dysfunctional. They also didn't put a great deal of energy into truly working out their issues. That goes for the personal issues that each one of them had as well as their overall relationship issues. They seemed to think that love and marriage will always magically fix everything.

message 9: by Vee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Vee Gretzinger it was a dysfunctional relationship, but hey if their happy, who gives a shit?

Jessica Vie wrote: "it was a dysfunctional relationship, but hey if their happy, who gives a shit?"

Ha ha ha . . . BEST answer EVER!!! :D

message 11: by Vee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Vee Gretzinger Right?!!

Jessica Absolutely!

message 13: by Vee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Vee Gretzinger Honestly I wish I had a guy who cared about me as much as trav cares for Pidge

Jessica Uh, me too.
I really don't understand why some people judge Travis so much. I mean, yeah he is a ''little bit'' hard to handle but, if you ask yourself why he's acting the way he is, maybe you'll see it through and help and, most importantly, UNDERSTAND the guy . . . Everyone falls for the to first impression which is kind of sad when you think about it.

I think the real abusive person in this book is Abby :D

message 15: by Vee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Vee Gretzinger I LOVE Travis. I will never judge him. His life was hard and he's making strides... So kudos to him!

Jessica YEAH, LET'S HEAR IT FOR TRAVIS :D

message 17: by Vee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Vee Gretzinger Woowhoo! First pump bitches!

message 18: by Vee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Vee Gretzinger *fist

Tiara Lee i think they are young and reckless get married at such a short notice and stuff but if I'm abby I'm probably did the same thing anyway...
i find them really sweet,esp travis. when they broke up i was really sad too haha but its really crazy to have u brand urself with ur lovers name. haha just saying

message 20: by Vee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Vee Gretzinger I thought it was adorable when Trav got "pigeon" tattooed on himself. I mean, it wasn't her real name, so no one would really take too much notice if they broke up. I'm not sure I like Abby's tattoo though. I thought it would say something better.

Anyways, ya I cried so hard during that breakup scene. I was actually depressed like someone broke up with me. (Sounds loony, I know. But book have a way of messing with my emotions)

message 21: by Jessica (last edited Apr 05, 2013 04:18PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jessica I have to agree with Tiara on the marriage thing. It was completely unnecessary and a little bit rushed.

The best part in the book, for me, was the singing part in cafeteria. I read that scene like countless times and while reading it, I sang along with Travis :D.

message 22: by Vee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Vee Gretzinger I loved that scene! (I also love the song-rolling stones are great)

Jessica The Stones are the BEST!!!

message 24: by Vee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Vee Gretzinger Right?!

message 26: by Vee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Vee Gretzinger Hahha I love it!

message 27: by Jessica (last edited Mar 23, 2013 09:09AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jessica Yeah, Jagger is the man! SING WITH ME ADAM!!!

(Yeah . . . right :D)

And give me that sexy eyebrow . . .

Ah . . .

Tiara Lee oh yes the cafeteria....i think that travis is so awesome to detract everyone just to make abby comfortable... and of course i imagine travis being sexy and hot singing on top of the table...i just...cant... oh god... haha

Mochaspresso Vie wrote: "it was a dysfunctional relationship, but hey if their happy, who gives a shit?"

Its a nice fantasy to think that a relationship that dysfunctional could truly be a happy one, I guess. Realistically speaking, the odds aren't very good.

Valerie Z I love their relationship, but I kinda hate Abby a little bit. I think she's being so selfish sometimes. But overall I love both of them :)

Jessica ... but I kinda hate Abby a little bit. I think she's being so selfish sometimes.

Same here!

message 32: by Vee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Vee Gretzinger I bought walking disaster!!! Can't wait to read:))))))

Tiara Lee wow...11 years of marriage with 3 kids. I'm impress!

Valerie Z But honestly speaking, I don't like the Epilogue. In my opinion, the Epilogue kinda spoilt the story. But I still love the book, ;)

message 35: by Vee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Vee Gretzinger I figured it wouldn't be as good:/ I really don't like when the books are from the guys POV, but we'll see

Megan I was a late bloomer with WD and cannot say I read it way back when, I read it in December after seeing in pop up in my suggestions and constantly displayed in my school's bookstore (Hipsters, they're huge on Indie ANYTHING! lol)

When I first read it I loved them. A tattooed, fighting angry man who had a soft spot for this girl that just so happen to appear to be different from him.

I loved how their relationship started off as a FRIENDSHIP first, because usually if you start off as friends you'll see if it was really physical or deeper. They were cute, still love the love story but Travis had a few problems and seemed very obsessive to me.

KarenH I love Travis and IMO it was Abby who was the problem. She was the quintessential prick-teaser and that was alluded to in BD, but now that I'm listening to Walking Disaster from Travis'
POV, it is obvious that she totally played with his emotions and stomped on his heart whenever things weren't going the way she planned.

Elyse I loved Travis! He did have some problems but it all was from losing his mom when he was really young. In the beginning he didn't know how to treat women because he didn't have a women figure in his life until Abby. He was so afraid of losing her like his mom that's what made him crazy!!!! It was a great read!

message 39: by Vee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Vee Gretzinger ^^^agreed!

Tammi marie wrote: "I get what you all you are saying but I feel differntly about Travis. I was 19 when I met my hubby and less than seven months later married. 15 years later and 5 sons later we are still together. H..."

agreed Marie

message 41: by Shannon (new)

Shannon I think that it was awesome to read about, because of all of the unexpected ups and downs, but personally I would NEVER want to be in that type of relationship.

I hated how Abby strung along guys,
and I felt that Travis' actions were mostly justifiable.
I like a protective man, and the only reason he almost crossed the line of being crazy was because of Abby's actions.

Melanie The beginning of this book was an enjoyable "romantic" read, but when the real Travis came out two things really put me off:
1 - Very controlling and possessive men are not attractive
2 - Bad boys gone soft are not attractive

Some parts of the story also became very over the top very quickly (ex. Vegas, Marriage).

In the end it just felt kind of silly.

Melanie KarenH wrote: "I love Travis and IMO it was Abby who was the problem. She was the quintessential prick-teaser and that was alluded to in BD, but now that I'm listening to Walking Disaster from Travis'
POV, it is ..."

The fact that she was an example of how women need to be a little more accountable for their behaviour was what made her interesting for me. It's not often that you see an author really show that. It is not justification for his behaviour, but it's easy to dislike her a lot more when she plays with everyone's feelings.

message 44: by Addee (last edited Jul 19, 2013 05:26AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Addee Scumbags don't change in real life. Their relationship was bad news. I felt attraction towards Travis too, but I'd be running in the opposite direction of that one & changing my phone number. I liked the book tho.

message 45: by Kiwi (last edited Jul 20, 2013 04:47PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kiwi I don't think Abby did anything wrong in the relationship, it was obvious that she saw her past that she was running from in Travis which put her in defense mode but she knew there was an attraction which made her even more defensive and Travis first impression isn't something every girl would fall inlove with anyway. They both were two people who were perfectly matched for one another yet had to much baggage to really deal with beforehand.

Jasmin I couldn't stand when Abbey kept hanging out with Parker omg so frustrating. Poor Travis!

message 47: by Vee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Vee Gretzinger Jasmin wrote: "I couldn't stand when Abbey kept hanging out with Parker omg so frustrating. Poor Travis!"

SAME OH MY GOD. parker is a cock blocker

Rebecca Loved it sweet sad epic beautiful I loved them travis yum

Martine I'm enjoying reading this book: it's well written and it's a good story. But I'm at page 315 right now and I'm getting frustrated with Abby going back and forth and not making up her mind and Travis acting like a psycho in love! I wanna grab them both by the shoulders and yell: "Just love each other and be happy dammit!!!" lol

message 50: by Savannah- Quad Motherin' Book Readin' Diva (last edited Sep 24, 2013 05:50PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Savannah- Quad Motherin' Book Readin' Diva I think they were both dysfunctional and the book did NOT do a good job explaining why. Less so for Travis, admittedly. I mean, he lost his mother young, but that doesn't explain the anger overload the guy had inside him. But also Abbie's dysfunction didn't get fleshed out near enough. All we got is her dad was a gambler who would sell out his own kid. Bad, but doesn't explain her lack of being open and honest with Travis. I always felt like this story was one of those where the h/h relationship could be resolved with one simple, HONEST conversation. She kept expecting the guy to just KNOW. To dodge land mines he had no way of knowing were on the ground. And that running away crap. What, did they live in different states? What was the point? Just juvenile.

I liked this book because I like seeing a guy so torn up over a female you can't help but love him. But ultimately I kind of felt like Travis got jipped.

« previous 1