Scribblers' Haven discussion

Bits and Pieces > Liz's Cubby Hole

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Liz (new)

Liz (mechaliz) I'll post some things later that I'm working on. For now, here's a piece that's pretty much done to give you an idea of what kind of things I write:
http://ndrmag.org/nonfiction/2012/06/...

message 2: by Ethan (new)

Ethan (thetwelfthdoctor) Wow. The dialogue in this bod is really good. i thought that it was realistic and very down to earth, relatable. the descriptions were great, vivid and realistic, and I thought that it was a good section of writing overall. I hope you continue it, and I'll write a better analysis when I have more time.

(as a side note, have you considered publishing this? I would.)

message 3: by Liz (new)

Liz (mechaliz) Thanks for the feedback!
I haven't thought about publishing at all...just trying to get everything down "on paper."

message 4: by Liz (new)

Liz (mechaliz) Thank you! :) I'll probably post more some time, but at some point, I should consider getting the story straight in my head lol. Spending WAY too much time looking up the meanings of German surnames and not nearly enough time considering the plot yet. :P

message 5: by Liz (new)

Liz (mechaliz) Thank you! :) This is still a first draft, though, so the narrative is moving along at a relatively drunken shuffle. I'm having some trouble with voice, too. I was trying to use dialect, and sort of gave one of the characters two of them. o_O