What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. Book About a Woman in Hiding or On the Run

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christina (new)

Christina (christinas9476) | 4 comments I am trying to find the title and author of a book that I read in January 2008 and it was probably published around that time, I would say 2005 to 2008 because it was a paperback I picked up at Wal-Mart.

I'm thinking it was a Mystery/Romance type book.
It was about a woman and I think she was on the run because she was either accused of murdering her mother or on the run from her mother's murderer. Either way, as a teenager she found her mother dead in their house and I think ran away from home right after that. I think in the book her mom had a boyfriend she was trying to hide or something.
I think the book picks up when she has to move to a new town because I remember reading about a job interview where the woman interviewing her pulls out a cigarette and doesn't light it. Weird detail, but maybe that will help someone identify the title and author.

Thanks!

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 32194 comments Mod
The Bar Code Tattoo by Suzanne Weyn? The Bar Code Tattoo (Bar Code, #1) by Suzanne Weyn

message 3: by Christina (new)

Christina (christinas9476) | 4 comments That wasn't it...sounds similar though...thanks for the input!

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37562 comments Mod
Christina, are you still looking for this book?

message 5: by Christina (new)

Christina (christinas9476) | 4 comments yup, still haven't figured it out. :-/

message 6: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6980 comments Mod
Christina if you bump your thread up to the top of the queue periodically, you'll have better luck getting it found.

message 7: by Christina (new)

Christina (christinas9476) | 4 comments thanks for the tip!

message 8: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Still looking?

message 9: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl wrote: "Still looking?"

No response in 2+ years. Moving to Abandoned.