Women in History discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
April > Female Spies

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marcie (new)

Marcie | 28 comments Mod
April's topic is Female Spies. It was pretty hard to find books on this topic, so if you have read a good book about a female spy, be sure to add it under April book suggestion. I hope you all enjoy this months books!

message 2: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn | 1 comments I'm actually writing a children's non-fiction book that will feature several WWII-era female spies . . . but it won't be published until next March!:)

A very engrossing book that is difficult to find in the US is the biography of Nancy Grace Auugsta Wake by an Australian author (Peter Fitzsimons, I think -- I've temporarily lost my bibliography page). If anyone in this group is from the UK, it should be easy enough to obtain a copy, but you hail from the US, like me, you'll have to request it from an inter-library loan and eventually get it from a college university! Wake has a very compelling story and her biographer is a fantastic writer. She's apparently still alive in a British nursing home.

A gentler soul, but just as engrossing is Noor Inayat Khan and her biography is called "Spy Princess." It's also a great read.

Sorry, Marcie: I just realized I wrote these suggestions in the wrong place.

message 3: by Marcie (new)

Marcie | 28 comments Mod
Kathryn wrote: "I'm actually writing a children's non-fiction book that will feature several WWII-era female spies . . . but it won't be published until next March!:)

A very engrossing book that is difficult to..."

No worries Kathryn, great suggestions. Congratulations on your book. Keep me updated.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.