Does Providence Read? discussion

Another Book Swap Notice!

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rosanne (last edited Mar 14, 2013 12:07PM) (new)

Rosanne Cedroni | 24 comments Hello Everyone!

This month's bookswap should be rather special since the renovations to our 300 year old building are almost complete. (Well, there's always something left to be done...)
In any case, it's a great way to check out local history while helping yourself to some free books!
We have been going strong for years now - and we have the books to prove it! We have books of every type imaginable, so if you know any other book lovers please feel free to pass the word along.
We are located at Saylesville Friends Meetinhouse, 374 Great Road, Lincoln, RI - and it happens from 10am to noon, Saturday, March 16th.

message 2: by Alex (new)

Alex Fernandez | 11 comments Mad I missed this! I will have to pay more attention next month.

message 3: by Rosanne (new)

Rosanne Cedroni | 24 comments Don't worry! We do this once a month - and we have very loyal patrons (plus new people all the time.) This means our selection of books is constantly changing.

I also try to post it on craig's list the week before (under "free") It's so much fun and it's a great place for people who love to read!

message 4: by Alex (new)

Alex Fernandez | 11 comments How does a book swap work, exactly?

message 5: by Rosanne (new)

Rosanne Cedroni | 24 comments It's really very simple: people bring books that they don't want and trade them for books that they do want. That's the basic concept. However, we have such an overflow of books that you don't even have to bring books to trade - just come and take the books that you want.
As I mentioned, we get new people every month so there's no telling what kind of books will show up. I really think the fun is in the searching. I'm always amazed at the different tastes - I think there's something for everyone!

And best part: it's always free, ha!ha!

Hope to see you at the next one!

message 6: by Alex (new)

Alex Fernandez | 11 comments I'll do my best to make it. And until then I will look through my books to see what I want to share with others.

message 7: by Alex (new)

Alex Fernandez | 11 comments Am I right in assuming this coming Saturday there will be a book swap?

message 8: by Rosanne (new)

Rosanne Cedroni | 24 comments Yes! The book swap is this Saturday - I've got to put a notice on craig's list and freecycle too :-)

I hope you can make it. We've done lots of renovations to our 300 year old Meetinghouse so we're excited to show it off. (Alas, there's still some work left but the major work is complete :-)

We've got a ton of books and they are all FREE! See you there!

message 9: by Rosanne (new)

Rosanne Cedroni | 24 comments Just a quick reminder that the bookswap is this Saturday (the THIRD Saturday of every month from 10 am to noon). Because it's August it might be a very quiet one, but it's always nice to hang out with book lovers :-)

I hope you can make it!
p.s. The address is Saylesville Friends Meetinghouse, 374 Great Road, Lincoln, RI

message 10: by John (new)

John (infopump) | 2 comments Do you take Harlequin® books?

message 11: by Rosanne (new)

Rosanne Cedroni | 24 comments We take everything! It's amazing the variety we get and it really does change from month to month. If you know any voracious readers, spread the word :-)

message 12: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (joliekitty) | 1 comments I know this is an old post, but is the swap still happening. I'm local and have a bunch of books that I'd love to swap. :)