Goodreads Authors/Readers discussion

The Miska Papers
This topic is about The Miska Papers
Young Adult Fiction > New YA Vampire Book - Free on Kobo for limited time

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jo (new)

Jo Hogarth | 22 comments My name is Jo Hogarth and I am the author of The Miska Papers.

I've been writing and editing for years - and published the traditional way in the past but this is my first venture into ebooks and I have to say so far I'm really enjoying it.

The Miska Papers is a YA action packed strong girl story that melds science, history and the normal struggles growing up entails.

This book is the first in a series.

http://www.kobobooks.com/ebook/The-Mi...

Have a great day - and any advice from 'advanced' ebook publishers would be very happily received.

Regards,

Amanda

message 2: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 15, 2013 11:07AM) (new)

Just downloaded. Thank you so much! And, not only for the ebook, but I never ran across Kobo before. It is loaded with free reads and since I struggle with finances most of the time this is great news. Thank you again!

message 3: by Meghan (new)

Meghan Doidge | 8 comments Sounds great! I've never seen (or done) a free promo on Kobo and I'd be interested (perhaps via a message so not to jack your thread) how you arranged it.

I usually don't grab free books as I already have a long TBR list, but I downloaded yours. Good luck with the promo!

Meghan
Author After the Virus, etc.

message 4: by Jo (new)

Jo Hogarth | 22 comments First of all thank you. It's my first YA and I had my two teenage girls read it and help out with it to make sure it was fast paced enough and 'good enough' girl characters. I'd love to tell you how I did it, it wasn't hard. I'm new to it too. It was pretty easy once you decide to publish on Kobo which i love partly because I am Canadian and know the founder and partly because they distribute globally ; )

You simply upload your book and then offer it as 0.00 as the amount for the price and then they list it on the Free books and you can change it whenever you want. It takes about 24-48 hours for the status of free to pay for to change but really easy to manage.

If you have any other questions, love to help...

Amanda

message 5: by Meghan (new)

Meghan Doidge | 8 comments Jo wrote: "First of all thank you. It's my first YA and I had my two teenage girls read it and help out with it to make sure it was fast paced enough and 'good enough' girl characters. I'd love to tell you ho..."

It's hilarious that I ddn't know that about kobo, though I sell on there!

Thanks! I look forward to reading your book!!

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Sounds awesome! Best of luck with your writing. :)

I just downloaded it, by the way. I'll write you a review when I finish it.

message 7: by Jo (new)

Jo Hogarth | 22 comments Alexandra, I hope you like it. Thanks so much for downloading it.

This is my first venture into YA. Have a super day.

message 8: by Jo (new)

Jo Hogarth | 22 comments Cindy wrote: "Just downloaded. Thank you so much! And, not only for the ebook, but I never ran across Kobo before. It is loaded with free reads and since I struggle with finances most of the time this is great n..."

message 9: by Jo (new)

Jo Hogarth | 22 comments Jo wrote: "Cindy wrote: "Just downloaded. Thank you so much! And, not only for the ebook, but I never ran across Kobo before. It is loaded with free reads and since I struggle with finances most of the time t..."

Thanks so much for the support Cindy - I'm so glad you found Kobo. It's awesome and you're right many authors put one of their books free or the first in their series free so that people get interested it's great for finding talented new authors and keeping your book budget. Libraries offer ebooks now too with a library card online.

happy weekend.