Goodreads All Sorts discussion

Member's Corners > Dalu's corner

Comments Showing 1-50 of 199 (199 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Dalu (new)

Dalu  | 179 comments Hello everyone! I'm a new member of the group and i was so exited to write something.I'm from Argentina so i'm on summer vacation and i just "borrowed" my dad's ereader and read a bunch of books like The devil wears prada, Divergent saga, Confessions of a shopaholic, The hunger games saga, Matched saga and a some of the The vampire diaries books. My cousin is trying to convince me to read The walking dead comics because i'm a fan of the TV show but i'm not so sure i'm gonna like it.
I love reading YA, dystopian, romance, horror, chicklit, and i was wondering what do you guys recomend for me to read now :)

message 2: by Jack, Founder (new)

Jack (jack_) | 2831 comments Mod
Hi Dalu, I pretty much like reading the same as you. :)

message 3: by Bri (new)

Bri (ezBrizy) | 185 comments Hi Dalu! Welcome...I like your reading style! The Walking Dead graphic novels are sometimes very different from the show as far as the storyline goes and they're actually a little more graphic content wise. Have you read any of the Anita Blake: Vampire Hunter or Merry Gentry series by Laurell K. Hamilton or any Kim Harrison novels?

message 4: by Marie (new)

Marie (fyeahmarie) | 135 comments Hello and welcome...nice corner :)

I read fantasy, young adult, sci-fi, dystopia, comics...I enjoy most books, let's just say.

message 5: by Dalu (new)

Dalu  | 179 comments thank you everyone for you welcoming, i apreciate it :)

Bri, i haven't heard if any of those you mentioned, are those good? i need book that you get caught at the begining because i have the tendency of reading the first 50 pages and then loose the interest.

you are all welcome to add me as friends :)

message 6: by Alondra (new)

Alondra Miller Dalu wrote: "Hello everyone! I'm a new member of the group and i was so exited to write something.I'm from Argentina so i'm on summer vacation and i just "borrowed" my dad's ereader and read a bunch of books li..."

The Walking Dead graphic novels are awesome. Hard to find some of the earlier ones. Comics, you can forget. If you find some, let me know. I have some of the 30 Days of Night, Vol. 1, which are creepy :)

message 7: by Dalu (new)

Dalu  | 179 comments Alondra wrote: "Dalu wrote: "Hello everyone! I'm a new member of the group and i was so exited to write something.I'm from Argentina so i'm on summer vacation and i just "borrowed" my dad's ereader and read a bun..."

I think my cousin has like 10 volumes, he lend it to me once and they sat on my desk for about a month until he asked me to give them back. I think he bought them in book flea markets which are pretty common in here but i'm pretty sure they are in spanish. what are the 30 days of night about?

message 8: by Dalu (new)

Dalu  | 179 comments Everyone who read Divergent: i just found out that Jai Coutney is going to play Eric in tme movie! i'm so confused/upset about it! i didnt pictured him like that at all! what do you guys think?

message 9: by Bri (new)

Bri (ezBrizy) | 185 comments Dalu wrote: "thank you everyone for you welcoming, i apreciate it :)

Bri, i haven't heard if any of those you mentioned, are those good? i need book that you get caught at the begining because i have the tende..."

The Anita Blake series had me reading back to back. I couldn't wait to get the next book when I was finished with one. The last few books have been just ok but there's 21 books so far in the series so there's plenty of good reading before that. They've adapted some of them into graphic novels and comics too.

message 10: by Dalu (new)

Dalu  | 179 comments Bri wrote: "Dalu wrote: "thank you everyone for you welcoming, i apreciate it :)

Bri, i haven't heard if any of those you mentioned, are those good? i need book that you get caught at the begining because i ..."

wow 21 books? i'll have to start right away then! Thanks Bri :)
Do you know any website where i can download books (not amazon) its pretty expensive buying books in here and there are not many either.

message 11: by Jack, Founder (new)

Dalu wrote: "Everyone who read Divergent: i just found out that Jai Coutney is going to play Eric in tme movie! i'm so confused/upset about it! i didnt pictured him like that at all! what do you guys think?"

Wow, I pictured him just like Jai Courtney. Can't wait!

message 12: by Dalu (new)

Dalu  | 179 comments Jack wrote: "Dalu wrote: "Everyone who read Divergent: i just found out that Jai Coutney is going to play Eric in tme movie! i'm so confused/upset about it! i didnt pictured him like that at all! what do you g..."

FOUR/TOBIAS IS GOING TO BE PLAYED BY THEO JAMES! i'm hating the world right now!

message 13: by Jack, Founder (new)

Yeah, hate that! >:(

message 14: by Dalu (new)

Dalu  | 179 comments Jack wrote: "Yeah, hate that! >:("

I found out on twitter and everyone is complaining! ahaha love that

message 15: by Alondra (new)

Alondra Miller Dalu wrote: "I think my cousin has like 10 volumes, he lend it to me once and they sat on my desk for about a month until he asked me to give them back. I think he bought them in book flea markets which are pretty common in here but i'm pretty sure they are in spanish. what are the 30 days of night about?."

30 Days of Night is about blood-thirsty vampires. :D

message 16: by Dalu (new)

Dalu  | 179 comments Alondra wrote: "Dalu wrote: "I think my cousin has like 10 volumes, he lend it to me once and they sat on my desk for about a month until he asked me to give them back. I think he bought them in book flea markets..."

nicee, Thanks Alondra! aha i have a question how do you post the links and pictures in here?

message 17: by Alondra (new)

Alondra Miller Dalu wrote: "Alondra wrote: "Dalu wrote: "I think my cousin has like 10 volumes, he lend it to me once and they sat on my desk for about a month until he asked me to give them back. I think he bought them in b..."

right above where you type it says "Add book/author". That way you can list either or both. You can also just have it show the book cover, which is pretty neat :D

message 18: by Dalu (new)

Dalu  | 179 comments Alondra wrote: "Dalu wrote: "Alondra wrote: "Dalu wrote: "I think my cousin has like 10 volumes, he lend it to me once and they sat on my desk for about a month until he asked me to give them back. I think he bo..."
thanks i've been wondering about that all day! LOL

message 19: by Dalu (new)

Dalu  | 179 comments Hello everyone today i read Delirium Stories Hana, Annabel, and Raven (Delirium, #0.5, #1.5, #2.5) by Lauren Oliver and Delirium stories: Alex (which is not on goodreads..) I am currently reading Requiem (Delirium, #3) by Lauren Oliver and i'm almost in the middle of the book! cant wait to see what happens!

message 20: by Jon (new)

Jon (jon17) | 372 comments Hola Dalu,
How come you learned Hebrew?

P.S. Whom would you have picked to play Four?

message 21: by Dalu (new)

Dalu  | 179 comments Holaa, nice to see someone waying something in spanish for a while in here...
I learned a bit of hebrew at school it was compulsory, so i didnt have a choice, although i'm not as fluent to keep a conversation, i know some random words to understand some things of what people are saying.
I would have picked Jeremy Irvine as Four, he was the closest as i imagined the charater while reading. I realized most of the actors who were picked for the Divergent movie and the Delirium movie are not even close as i imagined so, im'm not as thrilled to watch the movie. what about you?

message 22: by Jon (new)

Jon (jon17) | 372 comments That's cool about Hebrew. I work as a Hebrew to English translator.
I learned Spanish in high school for three years, so 'hola' is pretty much everything I know :) That and 'vamos bailar en la biblioteca todos a noche'.

I'm not sure whom I'd pick to play Four. Maybe I'll get a better idea after I read Insurgent.
I'm not thrilled about the movie either.

message 23: by Veronica (new)

Veronica (veraj121) | 271 comments Dalu wrote: "Hello everyone! I'm a new member of the group and i was so exited to write something.I'm from Argentina so i'm on summer vacation and i just "borrowed" my dad's ereader and read a bunch of books li..."

Hi Dalu. I see we like the same chicklit books. I love chick lit and books like Jackie Collins ... scandalous. You gave me some good suggestions on YA books. And I will take it since it appear we have similar tastes in books. I look forward to conversing with you.

message 24: by Veronica (new)

Veronica (veraj121) | 271 comments Bri wrote: "Hi Dalu! Welcome...I like your reading style! The Walking Dead graphic novels are sometimes very different from the show as far as the storyline goes and they're actually a little more graphic cont..."

I heard these two authors are excellent

message 25: by Jessa (new)

Jessa Callaver (jessa_callaver) | 38 comments Argentina! The home of our new papal "Papa" and Juan Martin del Potro! :) (Sorry, tennis fan, had to throw that in there. :})

BTW, how was The Devil Wears Prada, the book? Did you see the Meryl Streep movie? Did it do it justice?

Thanks for coming over to my corner Dalu. Really glad to have stopped by yours! :)

message 26: by Dalu (new)

Dalu  | 179 comments Veronica wrote: "Dalu wrote: "Hello everyone! I'm a new member of the group and i was so exited to write something.I'm from Argentina so i'm on summer vacation and i just "borrowed" my dad's ereader and read a bun..."

Hi Veronica thank you for passing by! I'm so glad i found someone whith my same taste in books my friends at home are not into reading Chicklit dystopian books so i have no one to discuse them. Right now i'm in the middle of Requiem which is the last book of the Delirium trilogy, and i cant stop crying, i dont know if i'm just tired or emotional but i'm loving it. Looking forward to hearing from you! :)

message 27: by Dalu (new)

Dalu  | 179 comments Hi Jessa, i found out about the Papa over twitter and i didnt really knew who he was until then LOL and i read a friend posted: "My mom knows the new Papa".
ahahahah Juan Martin del Potro is like a huge Argentine pride like Messi i guess, although i'm not into Tennis or Soccer.
I read The Devil Wears Prada book after watching the movie, of course there were some different things, i loved the book but with the great actors in the movie like Meryl Streep, Anne Hathaway and Stanley Tucci i'd have to say i prefer the movie over the book. Nice hearing from you :)

message 28: by Dalu (new)

Dalu  | 179 comments Jon wrote: "That's cool about Hebrew. I work as a Hebrew to English translator.
I learned Spanish in high school for three years, so 'hola' is pretty much everything I know :) That and 'vamos bailar en la bib..."

you should certainly read Insurgent, it made me have a better perspective over the characters.
LOL " vamos a bailar en la bibloteca toda la noche" is like" we're gonna dance in the library all night" i dont think i'd like dancing in a libray... ahahha

message 29: by Veronica (new)

Veronica (veraj121) | 271 comments Dalu wrote: "Hi Jessa, i found out about the Papa over twitter and i didnt really knew who he was until then LOL and i read a friend posted: "My mom knows the new Papa".
ahahahah Juan Martin del Potro is like a..."

I love the movie and the book - Devil Wears Prada

message 30: by Veronica (new)

Veronica (veraj121) | 271 comments Right now I am feeling scandalous. So I am reading Poor Little Bitch Girl (Lucky Santangelo, #7) by Jackie Collins . Owww. LOL. And I will start the Delirium series

message 31: by Dalu (new)

Dalu  | 179 comments I'd definately add that to my to read list! :)

message 32: by Dalu (new)

Dalu  | 179 comments Well, i've just finished Requiem Requiem (Delirium, #3) by Lauren Oliver (view spoiler)
I only have Annabel left from Delirium Stories Hana, Annabel, and Raven (Delirium, #0.5, #1.5, #2.5) by Lauren Oliver so i'm gonna finish that and then continue with Pretties (Uglies, #2) by Scott Westerfeld

message 33: by Katherine (new)

Katherine | 609 comments Hi Dali. If you're into chick lit you should try maeve binchy and Georgina ahern. Maeve has had some of her books turned into movies and Georgina's first book was made into a movie too - "p.s. I love you" with Hillary swank. Met maeve binchy once. She was a lovely lady

message 34: by Denisa (new)

Denisa Howe | 1697 comments I finished The Good House... the other one I need for school Salvage the Bones... "a... well...its a slow process" I am off and running reading The Warring Soul by Kristen Wells... hope all is well and that your weekend brings something very special..

message 35: by Dalu (new)

Dalu  | 179 comments Hey Katherine and Denisa! sorry for taking too long to answer i started school yesterday and i'm already hating it! in addition i returned to the gym also yesterday and my back is killing me i cant move!
Katherine: i never saw that movie because i was afraid it was like too romantic and that i wouldnt like it. do you think i should read ir anyway?

Denisa: whats the warring soul about? is it good? hope you had a great weekend

and hope you both will have a great weekend :)

I'm not reading as much as i did in the summer cus i am having no time with callege i had today 4 straigh hours of math, when i got out i almost fell asleep LOL and its barely the second day kmn
LOOKING FORWARD TO HEARING FROM YOU!

message 36: by Veronica (new)

Veronica (veraj121) | 271 comments Dalu wrote: "Well, i've just finished Requiem Requiem (Delirium, #3) by Lauren Oliver [spoilers removed]
I only have Annabel left from Delirium Stories Hana, Annabel, and Raven (Delirium, #0.5, #1.5, #2.5) by Lauren Oliver so i'm gonna finish th..."

I have the first book, Uglies (Uglies, #1) by Scott Westerfeld . How is it?

message 37: by Denisa (new)

Denisa Howe | 1697 comments Dalu wrote: "Hey Katherine and Denisa! sorry for taking too long to answer i started school yesterday and i'm already hating it! in addition i returned to the gym also yesterday and my back is killing me i cant..."
hi there, I know what you mean about college.. I work full time and go full time to school online ad at times... it is a struggle but.. so worth it.. Glad you are back though.
The warring Soul was a excellent YA book. I guess adults too but every young adult should read it before getting into school parties and seeking acceptance in the wrong ways. They story line was awesome with a lot of stepping stones to Christ and a lot of fast moving happenings... some of them terrifying..
Have a great weekend...

message 38: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Well hello Dalu ;-D kinda just stumbled here exploring the threads, reading the same as you and thought i would check in and see how you like
Pretties (Uglies, #2) by Scott Westerfeld so far... anyways hiho hiho off to my hole I go

message 39: by Dalu (new)

Dalu  | 179 comments Denisa wrote: "Dalu wrote: "Hey Katherine and Denisa! sorry for taking too long to answer i started school yesterday and i'm already hating it! in addition i returned to the gym also yesterday and my back is kil..."

Hey Denisa! that book sounds interesting! i would love to add it to my to read list, although i'm not so sure when i will get the chance to read it :S
nice hearing from you! :)

message 40: by Dalu (new)

Dalu  | 179 comments Ina wrote: "Well hello Dalu ;-D kinda just stumbled here exploring the threads, reading the same as you and thought i would check in and see how you like
Pretties (Uglies, #2) by Scott Westerfeldso far... anyways hiho hiho o..."

Hi Ina! thanks for stopping by! where are you from? your name is so cute!
i left Pretties hunging there because it kind of bored me, maybe i'll start it over later! nice to meet you and looking forward to hearing from you!

message 41: by Dalu (new)

Dalu  | 179 comments hey everyone! today i read the Synopsis of Graceling by Kristin Cashore and it sounded really interesting! i'm so into romantic, YA books lately so i just got the entire trilogy and i'll start reading it whenever i get some spare time! i'll let you all know how is it! hope you're having a great weekend!

message 42: by Katherine (new)

Katherine | 609 comments The movie is a bit kitch, but not bad. Haven't read the book, but I do love maeve binchys books. Romance but not in your face type books. Go irish. What are u studying in college. Off my self for two week Easter break. Back then for three weeks and then start of summer exams. I'm studying computer services management (the hardware side) but I love the programming we are learning too. I may switch to software altogether. What's it like in Argentina th fact that the new pope is Crome there. Great that the papacy finally left Europe. We need a new perspective

message 43: by Jon (new)

Jon (jon17) | 372 comments Graceling was fun; I wish all books were about a teenage-girl assassin who could kill a thousand trained warriors with her bare hands.

message 44: by Dalu (new)

Dalu  | 179 comments Katherine wrote: "The movie is a bit kitch, but not bad. Haven't read the book, but I do love maeve binchys books. Romance but not in your face type books. Go irish. What are u studying in college. Off my self for ..."

Hey Katherin! I'll look for some Maeve Bincky's boolks so i could read one right away!
I started my first official college year, last year was like a test so the can know if you are able to keep up with them. I'm studying Architecture, which i always loved, but i'm not sure if i want to do that the rest of my life, i'm so scared, everyone tells me that in this career you dont really sleep at night because you never get to finish the things you have to do! :S
I always liked Computer programming and all that stuff, but i'm not very good at that LOL.
Everyone here is like so happy about the Pope being from here, if you go walking down the street and you look up almost every window have a Vatincan flag hunging from it is so funny!

message 45: by Dalu (new)

Dalu  | 179 comments Jon wrote: "Graceling was fun; I wish all books were about a teenage-girl assassin who could kill a thousand trained warriors with her bare hands."

Jon, i am hoping i could finish it soon! i'm so exited!

message 46: by Dalu (new)

Dalu  | 179 comments Also i'm starting to write this chicklit story wich i havent put a title on yet, i've been thinking about it for a long time! but i'll be so glad if you all could help me to pick up some names for the characters, the ones that i'm looking for are:

The principal character which is a girl, she has to have a non common name

And also i'd need some boy and girl random names

I'd apreciate your help :)

message 47: by Jon (new)

Jon (jon17) | 372 comments Tell us about the characters

message 48: by Dalu (new)

Dalu  | 179 comments Well, the principal character, is an insecure girl, she has always settles with the friends and company she can get, she has always felt different from the rest and has the tendency of feeling depressed by the feeling of loneliness.

The best friend, is a girl who is loved by everyone, everyone wants to be her friend, she's really pretty but she doesnt accept it, she's always complaining about having no friends and that she's not good or pretty enough.

The third character is a random guy who is a player, he doesnt care about other people, or general girls he just wants to hung out with them for a while and then go to the next one, no feelings attatched.

the fourth character i thought about is the teacher's assistant, he is a few years older than the principal character and she has felt things for him since the first time she saw him. He doesnt speek much, but his presence lights up the room and make people simle.

The final character so far is this girl who used to be the principal character's friend, they were so tight and now she completely forgot about her, she is considered an "easy girl" she has no respect for herself or anyone else, no girl code!

That's all i can share with you right now. any thought for names?

message 49: by Jon (new)

Jon (jon17) | 372 comments Is it in English? Where does it take place?
Do you the name to be relevant to the story or you just want it to be uncommon? What about for the other characters?

message 50: by Dalu (new)

Dalu  | 179 comments It is in English and it takes place in Midtown, Manhattan.
The principal character's name is relevant to the story because since she was a child she has always been mocked about having a uncommon name, most people who didnt know the name had trouble with the ponounciation so she sometimes changed her name, and pretend to be somebody else.
The other characters i think they should have a common name, so they wouldnt understand why she feels like that about ther name. they are otsiders to her.

« previous 1 3 4