Goodreads Authors/Readers discussion

Swept (Swept Saga, #1)
This topic is about Swept
Romance > I'm Brand new

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Becca Nyx | 22 comments Hi everyone! I've posted in all the welcome post and I'm trying to figure out what now? I'm trying to get my name out and my book out. Of course I'm here now, I have a facebook page, twitter account and I've been trying to contact bloggers to get book reviews and shout outs. I'm trying to find the best approach. I was hoping you all might have some suggestions or anything really.

I'm just really really new to this, so I may come off as clueless or out of it and I apologize for that.

Becca Nyx | 22 comments Also, if this post is out of place, I apologize.

message 3: by Alan (new)

Alan Buick (aljbuick) | 35 comments Hi Becca,
just noticed your post. As a relately new write myself I have to let you know how I accomplished my present status. You obviously believe in your work or you wouldn't be here on Goodreads; that is a great beginning, and never let anyone steal your dream! Envisage yourself where you want to be, believe in yourself, cultivate faith in the unseen. Then go about your daily business with gratitude in your heart. Gratitude for everything you have in your life. Don't worry about how this will be accomplshed, just know that it will be! This, is the Law of Attraction! It works! that's how I got published and now have a best seller! Luck; is something you give to yourself! So I won't say 'GOOD LUCK', I'll say 'GOOD VISION!'

message 4: by Farewell (new)

Farewell To goodbye (farewelltogoodbye) | 22 comments What is your book title? Where can i find it?

I'll gladly buy it. Sometime and read it and review it.

message 5: by Farewell (new)

Farewell To goodbye (farewelltogoodbye) | 22 comments Sorry i cant be much help with anything other then a review.

Becca Nyx | 22 comments Farewell wrote: "Sorry i cant be much help with anything other then a review."

A review is always helpful and greatly appreciated! You can find my book on Amazon.com http://www.amazon.com/Swept-Trilogy-e...

message 7: by Farewell (new)

Farewell To goodbye (farewelltogoodbye) | 22 comments Im probably being silly. If it is ya or not.. But is it ya?

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

It justs takes some time for things to pick up. The first few weeks my book was out: it only sold 5 copies. It was incredibly depressing and I thought I was doing something wrong. However: when reviews started to come out and various shout outs and blog posts appeared, sales picked up. There are over 200 copies of my book out now. It just takes about a month or so for people to start noticing it

Becca Nyx | 22 comments It's not YA. I would be comfortable with letting 16 and up read it, but no younger than that.

Becca Nyx | 22 comments Alan wrote: "Hi Becca,
just noticed your post. As a relately new write myself I have to let you know how I accomplished my present status. You obviously believe in your work or you wouldn't be here on G..."

Thank you so much for your encouraging words! It's been my dream since I was 8 years old to publish a book. I never thought I would see the day when I would be able to sell something that I've actually written and here we are! I plan to perfect my art, even if that mean getting some formal training under my belt. I also want to get for real published. I'm not about to give up on the dream I've been cultivating for 17 years!

Becca Nyx | 22 comments S.K.N. wrote: "It justs takes some time for things to pick up. The first few weeks my book was out: it only sold 5 copies. It was incredibly depressing and I thought I was doing something wrong. However: when rev..."

I know it takes time, I'm just trying to keep up with what I'm supposed to do and how to get the word out. I don't expect to wake up tomorrow and have hundreds of sales (although it's not entirely unheard of). Thank you for your encouragement and honesty!

message 12: by Abigail (new)

Abigail Sharpe (abigailsharpe) Good luck with everything, Becca.

Becca Nyx | 22 comments Abigail wrote: "Good luck with everything, Becca."

Thank you!