Curvy Girls Rock! discussion

Change of Title...Change of Heart.

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Pauline (new)

Pauline Allan (paulineallan) | 547 comments Mod
Hi gals! I hope you're looking forward to Spring as much as I am. Ugh...I'm so tired of 23 degrees. So, the title of my baby, Surrendering Lily, alas has to go by the waist-side. I'm so bummed. My editor said there was a title with my publisher that is too close to mine. She gave me some great suggestions. After beating my brain to death, we've decided to go with one of her suggestions. I do feel it goes with my heroine and it's growing on me. So...drum roll please...Gilded Lily will be seeing the light of day soon. I'm so excited to see this cover with its BDSM theme. For the writers out there, have you ever had to change a title that you dearly loved and how did it make you feel?

message 2: by Lynn (new)

Lynn Richards (lynnrichards) | 38 comments Being self-published it's not as bad - but we do check to see how many are out there with the same title before we commit to it. But coming up with titles is always somewhat difficult, but my writing partner is quite creatvie with the names. I've always joked if only they would pay us for titles, blurbs and ideas we'd already be millionaires.

Here's a question - has a title come to you FIRST, and you've written a story around it?

message 3: by Pauline (new)

Lynn wrote: "Being self-published it's not as bad - but we do check to see how many are out there with the same title before we commit to it. But coming up with titles is always somewhat difficult, but my writi..."

The only book that I've written or conceptualized after a title is Mary Was a Little Lamb. It's a psychological thriller I have outlined about a psychotic woman on a revenge killing spree. It's got some steamy sex scenes between the heroine and her bodyguard, but the book is mostly about her transformation. That's the only book I've put together after thinking of the title. Worth the Wait was titled right after I came up with the heroine's name. The concept for the book was outlined two days later. Claiming Dane, which is the sequel to Gilded Lily, came about right after I thought of the second hero's name...Dane of course. :) For me, titles have to have a nice flow when you read them out loud. I think they set the tone for the book. I don't like some of the BBW titles because they are too graphic and leave nothing to the imagination. Make the title sensual and leaving the reader with the curiosity to want to open the pages and commit themselves to living through someone else's eyes for 75,000 word count.

message 4: by Sugar (new)

Sugar (Sugarjamison) | 3 comments The title of my book was changed twice before they settled Dangerous Curves Ahead at first I was really bummed. Pat Ballard has a book of Bbw short stories by that name so I wasn't thrilled with sharing, but then I got over it. My agent told me if I was going be involved in the publishing industry that I was going to have to give up control sometimes. It's hard for me.

message 5: by Aubrey (new)

Aubrey Watt | 7 comments Gilded Lily sounds nice, and there are definitely some interesting cover ideas that spring to mind... I hope it does well!

message 6: by Pauline (new)

Thank you! I'm emailing my promo packet in today. I said I wanted a fuller figured model on the cover with her 2 Doms. I'm crossing my fingers.