Proud Of It! discussion

Just For Talking > Religion

Comments Showing 1-50 of 565 (565 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

message 1: by SMR (new)

SMR (smrgrey) I am a christian too :) A Catholic Christian or something. Hahahaha! But I'm not much of a believer.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Imma Christian! :D

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

nope. just Christian

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

i know what that is! i LOVE those!

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

lucky!

message 6: by ϟEvelynϟ (new)

ϟEvelynϟ (paralynperea) | 128 comments I'm a Catholic yup

message 7: by ϟEvelynϟ (new)

ϟEvelynϟ (paralynperea) | 128 comments Yep, we got a new Pope, too.

message 8: by ϟEvelynϟ (new)

ϟEvelynϟ (paralynperea) | 128 comments Yeah, he's Latino, so that's cool because I am to He's Argentinean.

message 9: by ϟEvelynϟ (new)

ϟEvelynϟ (paralynperea) | 128 comments Yep, it is.

message 10: by Sa-Human rights! (new)

Sa-Human rights! | 162 comments I'm agnostic, so I believe in a god/goddess/gods and goddesses but don't follow their religion.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey Im Christian our church is pretty non denominational. I am very into things at church I want to be a Youth Leader and study Divinity at Duke!

Jackie - Fire & Ice Book Reviews (jackiefireicebookreviews) I'm a christian, but i love reading about other religions out there. This summer i am taking a class about different religions, and i am so excited!

Jackie - Fire & Ice Book Reviews (jackiefireicebookreviews) I can't wait, it all started one day when i was reading something about the greek gods, and after that i wanted to learn about all religions!

Jackie - Fire & Ice Book Reviews (jackiefireicebookreviews) same here!!!

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

dunno what i am but i belive in God, i dont go to chruch also

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

yerp

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

:P

Jackie - Fire & Ice Book Reviews (jackiefireicebookreviews) I agree with Jessy :D

message 19: by Taylor (new)

Taylor (clouddinosaur) I'm a Catholic Christian

message 20: by Taylor (new)

Taylor (clouddinosaur) Thanks!

message 21: by Danie (new)

Danie I'm a Mormon, but everybody judges them.

message 22: by Danie (new)

Danie They're good people-like me! :D

message 23: by ϟEvelynϟ (new)

ϟEvelynϟ (paralynperea) | 128 comments Why do people judge Mormons? I've read a book about a Mormon family but I'm not sure if those things are actually true.

message 24: by Sierra (new)

Sierra (skippingstones4) Jessy wrote: "I don't! My g-pa is a Mormon :)"

Mine too! Plus, there are a lot of Mormons where I live. I think they are awesome :)

message 25: by Danie (new)

Danie I guess a lot came from the election.

message 26: by T.J. (new)

T.J. I'm a Christian but I don't consider it a religion :)

message 27: by ϟEvelynϟ (new)

ϟEvelynϟ (paralynperea) | 128 comments Danie wrote: "I guess a lot came from the election."

Oh yeah. Isn't Romney a Mormon?

message 28: by ϟEvelynϟ (new)

ϟEvelynϟ (paralynperea) | 128 comments Oh, ok. I personally do not know any Mormons from what people tell me.

message 29: by ϟEvelynϟ (new)

ϟEvelynϟ (paralynperea) | 128 comments That's true.

Aηahι- Aηι:{P  (ani--justkeepbeingawesome--) | 221 comments hey, I'm catholic :)

message 31: by Taylor (new)

Taylor (clouddinosaur) Hey Ani! Me too :)

Aηahι- Aηι:{P  (ani--justkeepbeingawesome--) | 221 comments cool, nice to meet you Taylor:)

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

my dad is a catholic and my mom is a hindu.
im not much of a beliver im open to all beliefs and ideas.

message 34: by Sa-Human rights! (new)

Sa-Human rights! | 162 comments What's a mormon?

Aηahι- Aηι:{P  (ani--justkeepbeingawesome--) | 221 comments i never knew sorry can't tell you :(

Aηahι- Aηι:{P  (ani--justkeepbeingawesome--) | 221 comments is any catholic going to The World Youth Day in Rio in July??

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

By birth, I'm a Hindu. But I simply hate this religion and I think it's the most stupid religion I've ever heard of.
I rather like Christianity.
But I'm open to all beliefs and religions. I'm actually a Skeptic you could say.

message 38: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrilovescrows) | 26 comments A really good documentary on mormanism was done for American Experience

message 39: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrilovescrows) | 26 comments A group is made up of members who represent all different degrees. And though it is easy to judge a religion by the actions of some members, it is not a good idea. I think there are great similarities in most religious belief systems and they all seek the same thing, to live a good life and live by a moral code. The problem seems to rise when they get that us and them mentality and hate others just because they have different beleifs. I beleive we have more in common than we think. Unfortunately many members of various religions teach they are the only "right" ones and try to force their belief system on others instead of respecting their beleifs as valid for them.

To me actions speak louder than words and how you live your life and how you treat others is what I form an opinion on.

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

Terri wrote: "A group is made up of members who represent all different degrees. And though it is easy to judge a religion by the actions of some members, it is not a good idea. I think there are great similar..."

Well said Terri and rightly so.

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

Danie wrote: "I'm a Mormon, but everybody judges them."

From the few I have known I judge them to be the best!
hard working and caring!
I was raised in the Church of Christ so I am a fundamentalist Christian in many ways but I also believe in reincarnation which they do not. They really study the Bible so I had to learn quite a bit about it which I consider to be a good thing. My mother told me you are NOT really educated in this culture unless you have read it. However, my views on many things are very diverse. I like to hear what others believe.

message 42: by Johns (new)

Johns | 41 comments I used to be a Roman Catholic up until Yule (the Winter Solstice; kinda like Christmas) but then I read this book and I became a Pagan. It's a very earth based religion and I love it. I feel freer. I get judged all the time (I could give a hilarious example but I'd laugh to hard to write it) but I've learned to keep it on the downlow.

message 43: by Johns (new)

Johns | 41 comments Yeah, it's a bit difficult to be when like . . . 2/3 of the people in your town of like 100 people don't know who the heck you are and when you tell them they immediately judge. Heck, I think that's why my boyfriend broke up with me for a girl named Hope. A Methodist Christian, like him. -_- That was an awkward text.

But yeah. I am being who I wanna be though; they've started to get the hint. :3

message 44: by Johns (new)

Johns | 41 comments Oh it's okay. "I was taught to give my used items to the less fortunate." Hehe; thank you Tumblr.

But I've learned to deal with it since first grade, but I shall always come to you for help if it ever gets super duper uber bad! Pinkie swear. :)

message 45: by Johns (new)

Johns | 41 comments LoL, yayuh! ;D

message 46: by Johns (new)

Johns | 41 comments :D

message 47: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (amandapandas) | 20 comments I'm Catholic

message 48: by Abigail (new)

Abigail (thebbookshipper) | 3 comments i'm a christian but not a catholic one

message 49: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 30, 2013 08:12PM) (new)

Abigail wrote: "i'm a christian but not a catholic one"

My husband and I got a laugh when we went to visit the pueblo at Taos as the guide gave a little talk about the religion of the Indians there. It was so interesting but we had to laugh when she said that the Indians were their native faith, Buddhists, Catholics and Christians as if Catholics were not Christians.
There are many types of Christians. Some of my ancestors were Dissenters. I wonder if there are any left? Also, are there any Quakers left? I guess they are called "Friends" remembering something my sister told me. Then we have our Puritan heritage, do not forget that.

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

Taos means sacred.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12