We, the Drowned We, the Drowned discussion

How did Albert know .... [slight spoiler]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Eugene (last edited Mar 15, 2013 06:45PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Eugene Smolenskiy The following is a small spoiler to a "mystery" that is resolved in the first 1/3 of the book, so if you haven't gotten that far you may want to avert your gaze.

How did Albert figure out that Anthony Fox sold the guns to the natives that Jack Lewis was trading with? Were we just supposed to take it for granted?

Thanks!

Becca I wondered that too! But I just kept reading and never went back to puzzle it out because I was enjoying the story so much. Did you figure it out?

Eugene Smolenskiy Becca wrote: "I wondered that too! But I just kept reading and never went back to puzzle it out because I was enjoying the story so much. Did you figure it out?"

I have not. The book is too long for me to dwell too long on any one apart so I'm just going to take it for granted.

Suzanne This was one of the best books I've ever read. Took me 3 months to finish and I'm glad I stuck with it.

John I believe he found it out in the conversation they had and in the parting comments from Fox which led Albert to figure it out. He knew of Lewis' whereabouts and such and made idle comments of malice, so it really left no one else to blame for the selling of the guns.