The Readers discussion

Episode Discussions > Episode 67

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carol (new)

Carol (ckubala) | 70 comments What a lovely Valentine's gift. It's great to see Simon in the world of ereading. I hope you bend your rules a bit and enjoy your device for the things it can do to enhance your reading. I have a Nook, use if for purposes that suit my lifestyle but still enjoy reading print editions.

message 2: by Kristin (new)

Kristin | 68 comments I just got a Nook Simple Touch for Christmas. It's great for reading in bed. Also, I recently had to stay late at work and wait for my ride home. I had my Nook with me, and it allowed me to finish two books (they were both already started beforehand) before my ride came! I love that I can finish one and just as easily move onto the next without having to search around. If I hadn't had it with me, I probably would have wandered around the building reading placards and signs (boo). Also, for my book club it makes it much easier to get the next book we are reading instead of ordering it online and waiting for it to arrive, or waiting for it to become available from the library. Downside, I am cheap so I have to be really desperate in order to buy. I still stand by my book club reasoning though.

message 3: by Adam (new)

Adam Stone I have an Archos Arnova which I use for various things including reading, watching videos, playing games etc. I much prefer actual books though as you just can't beat having an actual physical book, but in terms of saving space then e-readers are a good idea, but you can't display e-books on your shelves in the way you can with a physical book.