The Readers discussion

Episode Discussions > Episode 67

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carol (new)

Carol (ckubala) | 70 comments Familiarity and comfort; these seem to be the reasons we so enjoy sequels. Mix in a bit of nosiness about what happens to a character, a need to see the progression of their life, and you can see why series are so popular. Myself, I prefer to read a good stand-alone novel and let it lie. I enjoy not knowing all about someone and making my own decisions about what could or would have happened.

Series, sequels and prequels are here to stay I'm certain. They're popular and make money.

message 2: by Elizabeth☮ (new)

Elizabeth☮ I am not a big fan of series of any kind. I have been sucked into a few, but I try to stay away from them. The few that I've completed have been targeted at young adults. Easier to get through I suppose.

message 3: by Sydney (new)

Sydney Young (sydyoung) | 3 comments I love sequels, but not ya ones for some reason. big historical ones, like Outlander, Angelique, maybe even Fall of Giants fits into that.

message 4: by Adam (new)

Adam Stone I agree with Carol that if we are interested in characters then we will enjoy sequels to see what the characters have been up to after the events of the first book but only if you really enjoyed the first one.