Fans of Interracial Romance discussion

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Channasl (new)

Channasl | 138 comments Hi all,

I was wondering when reading what type of hero is your favorite or can you decide. I just can't seem to choose I love stories where there are ranchers/cowboys and I also love stories where there are businessmen. I really wish there were more cowboy/rancher IR out there to read but I guess you can say I enjoy all novels that have a strong male lead and an equally strong female. Of course I still have the little girl in me that kind of love stories with a Cinderella element!

message 2: by Channasl (new)

Channasl | 138 comments I forgot to add that I enjoy stories where there are military men!

message 3: by Michelle, Mod with the Bod (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3396 comments Mod
I really like to novels with military men too. I really enjoyed Kincade's Rose (The Megalodon Team, #1) by Aliyah Burke .

message 4: by Theresa (new)

Theresa Henry | 23 comments I really don't mind what my hero does in his everyday life, as long as he has a rough and ready edge. This should be coupled with compassion and a sense of humor, the drier the better. He should also be charming – I love a charming man.

Abandoned but not Alone

message 5: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen) , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen)  (gatadelafuente) | 7314 comments Mod
I like military heroes a lot. I'm not too into the rich businessman character, despite my love of Harlequin Presents. I like a hero who works with his hands and who has a gainful profession, regardless of what it is. My favorite type of hero hands down is a dangerous hero, which are not as prevalent in IRR for some reason.

Christopher in Beast and Tim in Trolling Nights are poster children for my favorite type of hero. And of course, Dmitry from Dmitry's Closet :)

message 6: by Echo (new)

Echo  (mrsbookmark) | 307 comments I like heroes with an outdoorsy side; camping, swimming, horseback riding. I also like scholars or spiritual types though it's hard to pull that off and make it exciting.

message 7: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen) , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen)  (gatadelafuente) | 7314 comments Mod
I love scholarly/nerdy types as well.

message 8: by Vallsykes (last edited Mar 15, 2013 12:33AM) (new)

Vallsykes | 29 comments Lady Danielle aka The Book Huntress wrote: "Christopher in Beast and Tim in Trolling Nights are poster children for my favorite type of hero. And of course, Dmitry from Dmitry's Closet :)
..."

Christopher is AWESOME. He was one beta hero that just won me.
Along the lines of Christopher, but more dominant, would be Mel Reed(who I really fell for) from: Funny Valentine by Sienna Mynx St. Patty's Baby! by Sienna Mynx Baby Love by Sienna Mynx

I prefer heroes who are ruthless and have a dark side. Some of the heroes who fit this bill in IR books are:

Alfonzo  ALFONZO by S.W. Frank
Aiden Aiden's Game by Sienna Mynx Daisy's Choice by Sienna Mynx
Vinnie Harmony by Sienna Mynx
Thierry Thierry's Angel (Chevalier Men #1) by Shara Azod

message 9: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen) , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

I do like a ruthless hero! I have the last two books. Glad they are my kind of heroes!

message 10: by Echo (new)

Echo  (mrsbookmark) | 307 comments Ruthless can be fun esp. when the heroine has the abilities to take him on:)

message 11: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen) , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Yeah, you don't want the heroine to be completely steamrolled.

Paganalexandria  | 4037 comments I like the rich alpha ruthless business man type.

message 13: by namericanwordcat (new)

namericanwordcat | 21 comments Theresa wrote: "I really don't mind what my hero does in his everyday life, as long as he has a rough and ready edge. This should be coupled with compassion and a sense of humor, the drier the better. He should a..."

Can you say a little bit about this book? The blurb doesn't really talk about timeframe or any other details. Thanks!

message 14: by Tina (new)

Tina | 1383 comments I like them a little rough-edged and a lot intense. Honestly, I'd love to read more blue collar heroes. Guys who are just regular joes. I don't need them to be millionaires or billionaires. Honestly these days I'd prefer them not to be millionaires or billionaires. But I like them to be smart, brawny & hot.

message 15: by Nadine (new)

Nadine (peanutsmom) | 81 comments I love them ruthless and bad-boyish, nerdy/scholarly , military or law enforcement. I rather the guy not be wealthy nowadays, I like the just like me aspect nowadays.