Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Blue Earth
This topic is about Blue Earth
Book Cover Help > Book cover change

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jeff (new)

Jeff Stover (jeff_stover) I would like have the correct cover for my book Blue Earth posted instead of the image currently posted. I'm unsure how the current image was obtained, but it is wrong.

I have the correct cover ready to upload, so please respond asap to resolve this issue.

Thanks!
Jeff Stover

message 2: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 23832 comments Not sure where it came from either, but it is listed on Google, so I can't see GR removing it.

That doesn't mean we can't have the correct edition listed here. And then you can make that one the prime edition.

So I'll just make the alternative cover edition.

message 3: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 23832 comments Done ;)

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17...

To make this edition the primary edition:

Q: My book has a new edition, but the old one is showing up on my author page. How can I change that?

A: The default edition of a book -- the one which shows up on your author page, in non-ISBN-specific searches, and several other places -- is determined by the number of Goodreads users who have shelved each edition.

As more users shelve the new edition, it will become the default instead.

Alternatively, Goodreads recently added a new feature for authors: Goodreads Authors can now choose which edition they want to be the default edition for their books. Goodreads Authors (and Goodreads Employees) are the only people who can use this feature, and they can only do so for books on which they are the primary author.

To use this feature, go to the edition you wish to set as the default, and click the "edit" link. On the edition's edit page there will be a link on the right side, about mid-way down the page and just before the link to refresh stats, to "Set this book as the primary edition for this work".

message 4: by Jeff (new)

Jeff Stover (jeff_stover) Thank a million, Sandra!

I really appreciate the help.

Glad you and the other librarians are here to help the hapless authors, like myself!

Best regards,
Jeff

Sandra wrote: "Not sure where it came from either, but it is listed on Google, so I can't see GR removing it.

That doesn't mean we can't have the correct edition listed here. And then you can make that one the p..."

message 5: by Jeff (new)

Jeff Stover (jeff_stover) Done as well. Brilliant!

Thanks,
Jeff

Sandra wrote: "Done ;)

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17...

To make this edition the primary edition:

Q: My book has a new edition, but the old one is showing up on my author page. How can I ..."

message 6: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 23832 comments Yay!