Stiefvater's Bookshelf discussion

The Wolves of Mercy Falls > Favourite Quotes

Comments Showing 1-50 of 56 (56 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Renee, Stiefvater Fan (last edited Jul 28, 2013 12:16AM) (new)

Renee | 1025 comments Mod
Self explanitary.
There are so many beautiful quotes and songs in this series, it's hard to choose my favourite. That's why I wanted to point out, quotes. So you can put as many as you like! :D

message 2: by Megha (last edited Mar 15, 2013 08:58AM) (new)

Megha | 33 comments “This is a love story. I never knew there were so many kinds of love or that love could make people do so many different things.

I never knew there were so many different ways to say goodbye.”

This is such a lovely quote ;)

message 3: by Renee, Stiefvater Fan (new)

awwww, I want to find that one about the thousands ways to say goodbye poem, but I can't find the page.

message 4: by Renee, Stiefvater Fan (new)

“One thousand ways to say good-bye
One thousands ways to cry
One thousand ways to hang your hat before you go outside
I say good-bye good-bye good-bye
I shout it out so loud
Cause the next time that I find my voice I might not remember how.”

found it! :'D so beautiful!

message 5: by Megha (new)

Megha | 33 comments nawww it really is a beautiful quote. I wasn't able to find that one.

message 6: by Sara, guess who's a mod... (new)

Sara | 212 comments Mod
Voicemail #20: I wish you'd answer.

That one breaks my heart every single time.

message 7: by Sara, guess who's a mod... (new)

Sara | 212 comments Mod
Forever, page 87, Cole St Clair
I'd love to spend a summer with my lovely summer girl but I'm never man enough for my summer girl...

From blubber she is made, my lovely blubber girl.

I just love Cole so much ♥

message 8: by Renee, Stiefvater Fan (new)

LOL! Cole and his playing D Major on the guitar! ha ha ha
remember???? ol that was a funny one!

message 9: by Sara, guess who's a mod... (new)

Sara | 212 comments Mod
haha, yes, that was so funny! I love Cole! And I loved the scene where they [he and Sam] sang together. One of my favorite scenes.

message 10: by Renee, Stiefvater Fan (new)

yes! that was amazing. Coz you also get to see how they both connect to their music in different ways, because they're both songwriters, but they've also both had different pasts and ways of expressing their music.

message 11: by Renee, Stiefvater Fan (new)

“You two are too cute,” the counter girl said, setting two cups piled with whipped cream on the counter. She had a sort of lopsided, open smile that made me think she laughed a lot. “Seriously. How long have you been going out?”
Sam let go of my hands to get his wallet and took out some bills. “Six years.”
I wrinkled my nose to cover a laugh. Of course he would count the time that we’d been two entirely different species.
Whoa.” Counter girl nodded appreciatively. “That’s pretty amazing for a couple your age."
Sam handed me my hot chocolate and didn’t answer. But his yellow eyes gazed at me possessively—I wondered if he realized that the way he looked at me was far more intimate than copping a feel could ever be.
I crouched to look at the almond bark on the bottom shelf in the counter. I wasn’t quite bold enough to look at either of them when I admitted, “Well, it was love at first sight.”
The girl sighed. “That is just so romantic. Do me a favor, and don’t you two ever change. The world needs more love at first sight.”

message 12: by Renee, Stiefvater Fan (new)

I loved this, because she is so right! I could totally be that counter girl! :) I laugh all the time. XD

message 13: by Renee, Stiefvater Fan (new)

“Sensitive," I tried.

Sam translated: "Squishy."

"Creative."

"Dangerously emo."

"Thoughtful."

"Feng shui."

I laughed so hard I snorted. "How do you get feng shui out of 'thoughtful'?"

"You know, because in feng shui, you arrange furniture and plants and stuff in thoughtful ways." Sam shrugged. "To make you calm. Zenlike. Or something. I'm not one hundred percent sure how it all works, besides the thoughtful part.”

message 14: by Sara, guess who's a mod... (new)

Sara | 212 comments Mod
haha, I love that scene! :D

message 15: by Renee, Stiefvater Fan (last edited May 08, 2013 02:14AM) (new)

he he, that one is so cute!
and that one at the sweet shop is so cute too! I love it so much! It says everything about them! XD

message 16: by Sara, guess who's a mod... (new)

Sara | 212 comments Mod
"beneath me, the bed tipped as cole edged closer. i felt him lean over me. his breath, warm and measured, hit my cheek. two breaths. three. four. i didn’t know what i wanted. then i heard him stop breathing, and a second later, i felt his lips on my mouth. it wasn’t the sort of kiss i’d had with him before, hungry, wanting, desperate. it wasn’t the sort of kiss i’d had with anyone before. this kiss was so soft that it was like a memory of a kiss, so careful on my lips that it waslike a memory of a kiss, so careful on my lips that it was like someone running his fingers along them. my mouth parted and stilled; it was so quiet, a whisper, not a shout. cole’s hand touched my neck, thumb pressed into the
skin next to my jaw. it wasn’t a touch that said “i need more”. it was a touch that said “i want this.”
it was all completely soundless. i didn’t think either of us was breathing.
cole sat back up, slowly, and i opened my eyes. his expression, as ever, was blank, the face he wore when something mattered.
he said, “that’s how i would kiss you, if i loved you."

I AM DYING. I love this scene. So many Cole and Isabel feels ♥

message 17: by Renee, Stiefvater Fan (new)

OMG I LOVED THAT ONE!!!!

OMG WHAT ABOUT WHEN HE'S IN THE BATH!!!!
that was cute. ^_^

message 18: by Renee, Stiefvater Fan (new)

ha ha, and when Grace finds Sam in the shower!!! that's cute too! ^_^

message 19: by Isobelle (last edited Jul 25, 2013 09:36AM) (new)

Isobelle | 7 comments "Da"
Love this quote.

message 20: by Renee, Stiefvater Fan (new)

ha ha ha, ooh lucky name! Just like Isabel and Cole! :)

I love the part where Cole's like:
"This is the only chord I ever learned how to play on guitar. D major."

lol
he and Sam should start a band! ha ha ha...no.

message 21: by Renee, Stiefvater Fan (new)

"It's beautiful and sad, just like your eyes."

message 22: by Isobelle (new)

Isobelle | 7 comments "So, you're a smart-ass, then?"

message 23: by Renee, Stiefvater Fan (new)

Voicemail #20: I wish you'd answer

message 24: by Sara, guess who's a mod... (new)

Sara | 212 comments Mod
Renée! Don't make me cry! :((

message 25: by Isobelle (new)

Isobelle | 7 comments I remember lying in the snow, a small spot of warm going cold, surrounded by wolves.

message 26: by Renee, Stiefvater Fan (new)

I have memorised that quote! because that's how I opened my book trailer.... ^_^

"I remember lying in the snow, a small red spot of warm going cold, surounded by hungry wolves."
and then there was me attempting an American accent ha ha.

message 27: by Sara, guess who's a mod... (new)

Sara | 212 comments Mod
uhh is this book trailer on youtube? I would LOVE to see it

message 28: by Renee, Stiefvater Fan (new)

yes it is. :)
I'll just go find it.

message 29: by Renee, Stiefvater Fan (new)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfBW8-...
That's my book trailer. :)

message 30: by Isobelle (new)

Isobelle | 7 comments I remember lying in the snow, a small red spot of warm going cold, surrounded by wolves. They were licking me, biting me, worrying at my body, pressing in. Their huddled bodies blocked what little heat the sun offered. Ice glistened on their ruffs and their breath made opaque shapes that hung in the air around us. The musky smell of their coats made me think of wet dog and burning leaves, pleasant and terrifying. Their tongues melted my skin; their careless teeth ripped at my sleeves and snagged through my hair, pushed against my collarbone, the pulse at my neck.
I could have screamed, but I didn’t. I could have fought, but I didn’t. I just lay there and let it happen, watching the winter-white sky go gray above me.
One wolf prodded his nose into my hand and against my cheek, casting a shadow across my face. His yellow eyes looked into mine while the other wolves jerked me this way and that.
I held on to those eyes for as long as I could. Yellow. And, up close, flecked brilliantly with every shade of gold and hazel. I didn’t want him to look away, and he didn’t. I wanted to reach out and grab a hold of his ruff, but my hands stayed curled on my chest, my arms frozen to my body.
I couldn’t remember what it felt like to be warm.
Then he was gone, and without him, the other wolves closed in, too close, suffocating. Something seemed to flutter in my chest.
There was no sun; there was no light. I was dying. I couldn’t remember what the sky looked like. But I didn’t die. I was lost to a sea of cold, and then I was reborn into a world of warmth.
I remember this: his yellow eyes.
I thought I’d never see them again.

(full quote)

message 31: by Renee, Stiefvater Fan (new)

Awww! I love Maggie's writing! argh! <3 <3 <3

message 32: by Isobelle (new)

Isobelle | 7 comments I wish I could write like her...

message 33: by Sara, guess who's a mod... (new)

Sara | 212 comments Mod
same

message 34: by Renee, Stiefvater Fan (new)

I've tried... it just got waffly. #-('.')-<3

message 35: by Stavroula (new)

Stavroula I loved her books but 2 quotes have stayed with me: All the while wanting the impossible, wanted what wwe all wanted, to outlast the summer!
She made her home in beetween the pages of books!

message 36: by Sara, guess who's a mod... (new)

Sara | 212 comments Mod
I think I've gone mad. I have a deja-vu and it feels like SteviBookLover has already posted this comment (exactly this comment!) a time ago. I am really sure she did. even with the same spelling mistake in we. wow. I am losing my mind.

message 37: by Renee, Stiefvater Fan (new)

ha ha...really?? O.O

Ooh quote:
“Hello, Grace's parents. I'm Grace's boyfriend. Please notice the chaste distance between us. I am very responsible and have never had my tongue in your daughter's mouth.”

message 38: by Stavroula (last edited Aug 01, 2013 07:00AM) (new)

Stavroula Sara wrote: "I think I've gone mad. I have a deja-vu and it feels like SteviBookLover has already posted this comment (exactly this comment!) a time ago. I am really sure she did. even with the same spelling mi..."

Really??hey dont judge me, i love those quotes..

message 39: by Sara, guess who's a mod... (new)

Sara | 212 comments Mod
no, no that wasn't suppposed to sound rude and I don't want to judge you, I was just confused :D

message 40: by Stavroula (new)

Stavroula Sara wrote: "no, no that wasn't suppposed to sound rude and I don't want to judge you, I was just confused :D"

Iknow!i was kidding..:D

message 41: by Renee, Stiefvater Fan (new)

:)

dw, I've reposted stuff and the same quotes. :)

message 42: by Renee, Stiefvater Fan (new)

"I-it's...I'm not an animal."

"I'm not looking for self control."

message 43: by Sara, guess who's a mod... (new)

Sara | 212 comments Mod
same

message 44: by Renee, Stiefvater Fan (new)

aww, thankyou!

message 45: by Renee, Stiefvater Fan (new)

it won a comp too. but the prize sucked, but I was just so happy to win something for once in my life!

message 46: by Sara, guess who's a mod... (new)

Sara | 212 comments Mod
haha, yeah that would be nice :D

message 47: by Renee, Stiefvater Fan (new)

Gilda [Shipwreck In A Sea Of Faces] wrote: "What was it? I'd like to win a Gansey, if that's possible. XD"

I won a madman voucher, but I don't read manga at all or watch SBS (I think that's kind of like discovery chanel in America?) and so I let my parents and brothers use it.

message 48: by Renee, Stiefvater Fan (new)

"Grace say something."

"Sam," she said, and I crushed her to me.

message 49: by Priscilla (new)

Priscilla (priscilla_aw) | 104 comments Mod
Pretty much anything Cole ever says makes me wanna cry because I'm basically in love with him lol.

message 50: by Renee, Stiefvater Fan (new)

ha ha, I love Sam's lines. They're so deep and cute and sad and I just wanna squish him in a giant fluffy hug!!!
omg when Cole can only play D Major on guitar... *chuckles*
BEST PART!!! Sam was being all exasperated and what not gee that was funny!!!! XD

« previous 1