What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > Children's book - Ballet girl who has no mother

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tanya (new)

Tanya (tkothari) | 16 comments I don't remember much about this book other than it made a huge impression on me at a very young age. I can't remember whether it was a picture book or a short novel.
It's about a girl who thinks her mother is a famous ballerina and tries to find her.
Thanks in advance

message 2: by Janelle (new)

Janelle (janelle5) Ballet Shoes by Noel Streatfeild (sorry can't link on my iPod) has three characters who are orphans and do ballet. I think one of them believes she is the daughter of a famous ballerina, but I'm not sure if she searches for her mum or not.
This is a children's book. Do you think your book is kids/ya or adult?

message 3: by Janelle (new)

Janelle (janelle5) Oops, just took another look at your post and can see that your book was probably a kids book. Hope u find it!

message 4: by Andria (new)

Andria (airdna) | 2500 comments Mod
Tanya, it appears you accidentally posted this twice. I deleted the other post, to avoid confusion. :)

Cheryl is busier irl atm. (cherylllr) Tanya, about when did you read this? It'd help us if we can guess how old the book might be.

And, for the link to Janelle's suggestion: Ballet Shoes

message 6: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Manahan | 9 comments Maybe Ballet for Drina? Her mother actually is a famous ballerina, but I think that she might no longer be alive.

Cheryl is busier irl atm. (cherylllr) Tanya is active but not accepting messages. If she's not responded to Two suggestions by now, maybe we consider this abandoned?

message 8: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
I don't think it's been quite long enough Cheryl--since it seems that sometimes GR's emails are shunted into spam folders and aren't seen. So, we should give her a bit longer. But it IS frustrating when someone posts, then doesn't bother checking back.

message 9: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38282 comments Mod
Tanya, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 10: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38282 comments Mod
Lobstergirl wrote: "Tanya, are you still looking for this or did you find it?"

No response in 2 years. Moving to Abandoned.