Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Black Pyramid: Ancient Breeds Series (Special Edition)
This topic is about Black Pyramid
Questions > Prime edition

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by A.D. (new)

A.D. Stewart | 6 comments I tried to make this my prime edition, but for some reason it keeps going back to the original that is no longer in print with AuthorHouse. May I use this one as my prime edition?

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17...

It has a cover with 3 men on the front. And does anyone know how to remove an edition that NEVER saw the light of day? I was told that an edition is NEVER deleted. But nobody would have this one. It's blank with no cover. Knight Romance Publishing NEVER printed it.

I hope someone can help me. Thank you.

Anita

message 2: by Emy (new)

Emy (emypt) | 5034 comments I am afraid only GR Staff and Authors can set the primary edition, so I can't help there.

Will leave question #2 for Rivka and the other Powers that Be.

message 3: by A.D. (new)

A.D. Stewart | 6 comments Thank you, Emy. I appreciate your help. Hugs.

message 4: by Banjomike (last edited Mar 14, 2013 05:54AM) (new)

Banjomike | 5530 comments The blank book has ISBNs and publisher of Rae of Hope by W.J. May. Several sites have the same mixup of data. Since the title comes from the barnes & noble importer I wouldn't really be surprised if it was wrong.

If no one else has any adverse comments I'll move the edition to Rae of Hope.

A.D., how are you trying to set the primary edition?

message 5: by A.D. (new)

A.D. Stewart | 6 comments I own all copyright to Black Pyramid. AuthorHouse was the publisher in 2010. The edition that has no cover, that was due to come out with KRP, but nothing came of it. After cancelling both contracts, I self published using two separate images. One for the UK and one for the USA. -Hope this info helps-

As for trying to set up the primary edition, I followed the instructions under edit with the edition used to open this query.

I'm not sure if what I'm doing is correct, or if in fact I'm just making matters worse. All I really would like is to have one edition listed. But like I said earlier, I was told that no edition was ever deleted. Shame, since each book is literally the same, just different cover, ISBN, and instead of using a publisher, I did it.

Thanks for the help. I didn't mean to cause any confusion.

Anita

message 6: by Banjomike (new)

Banjomike | 5530 comments A.D. wrote: "The edition that has no cover, that was due to come out with KRP, but nothing came of it. After cancelling both contracts, I self published using two separate images. One for the UK and one for the USA."

It still has the ISBNs and publisher of Rae of Hope.

Regarding setting the primary edition, these are the instructions I use when I'm asked for help.
This is the procedure for setting the default edition of a book:
i) Go to the book page of the edition you wish to become the default/primary edition.
ii) Click "edit details" below the book's description.
iii) On the right side of the page about halfway down, click "Set this book as the primary edition for this work".

...since each book is literally the same, just different cover, ISBN, and instead of using a publisher, I did it.

Not exactly identical. There is one hardback + paperback + kindle + 3 different covers + three publishers. The Goodreads definition of 'identical' is a bit tighter than that.

Don't worry about confusion.

message 7: by A.D. (new)

A.D. Stewart | 6 comments Thank you for the instructions. That is what I did. Seems to have worked this time around. :)

...It still has the ISBNs and publisher of Rae of Hope.

You don't have to worry about moving it. I'd rather have it listed under my names as my book, than placed under someone else. That's if I understood would happen to it??

Thank you for your time and help. I really appreciate it. I just worry that I'll mess something up and accidentally annoy someone high up in the food chain. :)

Anita

Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) Most mess ups just get revoked when we spot 'em. Everyone was new to goodreads at one time; I think the higher ups in the food chain save the annoyance for deliberatley repeating ...