What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Chasing Rainbows
This topic is about Chasing Rainbows
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. australian aboriginal blind boy new school [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Emma (last edited Mar 14, 2013 12:02AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Emma | 15 comments I read this book a few years ago in 02 or 03. It was set in australian about a 12ish aboriginal blind boy who was from the country and going to a new school in suburbia. He had a carer and used a walking stick. He also "felt" faces and carved them out and did a really good job. He made friends with a girl who had cancer.
There was a scene where he is at the beach for the first time and is real enjoying it until the surf pulls back out and his feet sink in and gets scared because he thinks he will drown.

I can't really remember the name but I think it was something like Rainbows and the boys name which was something like David, I'm not sure.Also it is children's novel and is from his POV

Thanks for any help :)

message 2: by Devin (new) - added it

Devin Lind (cdlind) | 6 comments Chasing Rainbows by Lucinda Haslinger has a blind boy named Trevor, but he's not Aborigine....

Emma | 15 comments Devin wrote: "Chasing Rainbows by Lucinda Haslinger has a blind boy named Trevor, but he's not Aborigine...."

Thanks Devin, that's the book! I guess I don't remember it very well, I will have to read it again.

Thanks for the help Andria :D

message 5: by Andria (new)

Andria (airdna) | 2500 comments Mod
congrats on finding it, Emma! Here's the link: Chasing Rainbows

message 6: by Devin (new) - added it

Devin Lind (cdlind) | 6 comments Happy to help!