Israeli Book Exchange discussion

Annie's Prophecy
This topic is about Annie's Prophecy
New book by Israeli Author

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Donna Bossin | 1 comments I am proud to announce the e-publication of a new novel by my husband, Gadi Bossin: Annie's Prophecy.

I highly recommend this book to anyone interested in Israel, the struggle for freedom in Iran, contemporary Jewish life, and particularly to all of you who have ever wondered what happened to a long-ago lover.

Please pass this announcement on to your list of contacts, and especially to all the book lovers you know. Thanks.

Synopsis: When Annie Yousefian and Geddy Mason meet and fall in love on an Indiana campus in 1970, they know they are destined to part. Annie is the daughter of a well-to-do Iranian family and the graduate of an exclusive Parisian boarding school. Geddy is a Canadian in the USA on a student visa. He plans to move to Israel after completing his M.A. studies. In 2006, after no contact between the two for thirty-five years, Geddy discovers via the Internet that Annie will be the featured speaker at an end-of-summer conference inOttawa. He determines to go unannounced to see her. But the month-long Second Lebanon War puts his travel plans on hold and his concern that Annie might turn him away shakes his resolve.

A love affair between a Jewish Israeli man and a Muslim Iranian woman seems highly unlikely, yet for Geddy Mason, the book's main character, nothing could be more natural... or more problematic. The book tells the story of Geddy's life as he struggles to come to grips with his long-ago love.

The book is available at http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B....

message 2: by Miriam (new)

Miriam Vamosh | 7 comments This sounds like a fascinating topic and book. I'm going to get it.

message 3: by Miriam (new)

Miriam Vamosh | 7 comments Zman simchateinu...In honor of Sukkot and happy recent events in my life, I’m giving away e-copies of my historical novel about the survivors of Masada, “The Scroll” – a place you’ll find hope never dies. Just write to me at my email address (mim@netvision.net.il) during the week-long festival – from Thursday September 19 through Wednesday September 25. I will send you a free coupon to download “The Scroll,” which is available for a variety of electronic platforms.

message 4: by Shirley (new)

Shirley Graetz | 2 comments Dear Group,

A recommendation for lovers of ancient historical fiction, with a strong female characters.

SHE WROTE ON CLAY, - The story of a daring young woman, who strives to become a female scribe 3800 years ago, in the land of Mesopotamia- Iraq,

It was published in the US but, the Author, lives Jerusalem.
The novel has acclaimed good critics and was featured in the Times of Israel and The Jewish Week.

From reviews:
"I love this book - a fast read that takes you back 3,500 years and straight into the life of Iltani, a girl on the verge of womanhood, who is about to enter the ancient Mesopotamian version of a convent in order to fulfil her intellectual capacity and become a scribe. In less than 200 pages, this ancient world is brought to life with color and vitality. I learned a huge amount about Near Eastern culture without it in any way diverting me from my curiosity about Iltani and her emotional and professional development. A lovely and enriching read – recommended!
She Wrote on Clay

message 5: by Shirley (new)

Shirley Graetz | 2 comments Dear Group,

A recommendation for lovers of ancient historical fiction, with a strong female characters.

SHE WROTE ON CLAY, - The story of a daring young woman, who strives to become a female scribe 3800 years ago, in the land of Mesopotamia- Iraq,

It was published in the US but, the Author, lives Jerusalem.
The novel has acclaimed good critics and was featured in the Times of Israel and The Jewish Week.

From reviews:
"I love this book - a fast read that takes you back 3,500 years and straight into the life of Iltani, a girl on the verge of womanhood, who is about to enter the ancient Mesopotamian version of a convent in order to fulfil her intellectual capacity and become a scribe. In less than 200 pages, this ancient world is brought to life with color and vitality. I learned a huge amount about Near Eastern culture without it in any way diverting me from my curiosity about Iltani and her emotional and professional development. A lovely and enriching read – recommended!
She Wrote on Clay