The Perks Of Being A Book Addict discussion

Recommendations for relevant & contemporary New Adult fiction

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anu (new)

Anu W.  | 2 comments Umm...My taste is sort of kiddo for your taste but still..Id suggest Nikki Heat series By imaginary writer richard Castle based on the American ABC channel show Castle....its a mystery series...but well what you asked for is there!!....Or Devil wears Prada ..A fav actually!

message 2: by Patricia (new)

Patricia Hargraves | 94 comments I read the Red Tent so long ago, but I still remember how good it was. I hope you like it as much as I did.

message 3: by KimeyDiann (new)

KimeyDiann Well, it is not an easy/happy read by any stretch, it is dark and very sad at times, but I absolutely loved Hopeless. I found myself smiling from ear to ear part of the time and near tears at others. It was a very emotional book, but I highly recommend it!

message 4: by Michael (new)

Michael (lovechild) | 280 comments For me when it comes NA and I am looking for those as you put it "zone out and enjoy a funny and entertaining story" I gravitate towards short stories.

This year for me it has been
This is How You Lose Her by Junot Díaz I love his harsh uncensored vocabulary. It feel real and the stories of being in love, out of love, tried of love, or just plain horny were easy to relate to.

Next up would be
Tenth of December Stories by George Saunders
Not always set in a real world but one so close that you can see it coming.

And lastly If I need to laugh anything from
David Sedaris