College Students! discussion

books, books, and more books! > RELEVANT and RELATABLE New Adult please!

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 1 comments I really love the show "Girls". Books off the top of my head that come to mind are "Machu my Picchu" by Iris Bahr and "The Makedown" although these would be more like an episode in the show than the whole focus of the show itself. Funny that you mention this because I just wrote on my own literary blog about it a few days ago: theobservantowl.wordpress.com, and I discussed how relatable Lena Dunham and her characters are.

message 2: by Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner), The Founding Bookworm (new)

Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner) (perpetualpageturner) | 4407 comments Mod
I'm having a hard time finding good NA books too! I want something like the Jessica Darling books (the years during college and after). I haven't watched Girls so I'll have to check it out!

message 3: by Jen (new)

Jen (wishesandwanderlust) | 696 comments I finished Easy by Tammara Webber yesterday and I would consider it a New Adult book. There are some detailed makeout sessions...wayyy more intense than any Young Adult book I've ever read. The main character was sexually assualted in the beginning of the book so that plays a major role in the story.

message 4: by Heather (last edited Jun 27, 2013 11:35PM) (new)

Heather (jjgrl55) | 32 comments This was mentioned earlier, but definitely try the Sloppy Firsts series. The first two do take place in high school, but they are very good and worth reading in order to get to the later stuff. They are my absolute favorite book series!

The Complete Jessica Darling Series: Sloppy Firsts, Second Helpings, Charmed Thirds, Fourth Comings, Perfect Fifths

Also, there are rumors of a movie in the works, so read them now before it comes out!