Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1) Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone discussion


369 views
You Know You're a Muggle When...

Comments Showing 1-50 of 94 (94 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Jaye (last edited Mar 14, 2013 08:03PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jaye You know you’re a Muggle when:

Your eyeglasses break so you point your pencil at them (naturally!) and recite: “Oculus Reparo!”

… and nothing happens.


message 2: by Jaye (last edited Mar 13, 2013 08:04PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jaye You know you’re a Muggle when:

You stalk your mailbox, fireplace, windowsill and doorway for 365 days following your eleventh birthday

… and your Hogwarts acceptance letter never arrives.


message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

You put on a witch's hat
... and wait for days for it to tell you what house you're in


Jaye Nicole di Angelo wrote: "You put on a witch's hat
... and wait for days for it to tell you what house you're in"



Good one!


message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks! I liked your letter one! I did that... sadly it never came :(


message 6: by Jaye (last edited Mar 13, 2013 09:38PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jaye You stare at a photograph for hours

... waiting for the people to move.


Jaye Nicole di Angelo wrote: "Thanks! I liked your letter one! I did that... sadly it never came :("

Ha! Me too!! :(


message 8: by Star (last edited Mar 14, 2013 04:30AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Star Fouse You know youre a muggle when you scold your lawn gnome for being lazy because it hasnt cleaned your house or cooked you anything to eat.


ϟEvelynϟ ...You don't understand the term 'Muggle' when a Potterhead calls you one.


Avani You drop something and go "Accio!"

...but it doesn't zoom toward you.


message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

^ Unless it's a yo yo


message 12: by Cara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cara You throw dirt from flowerpots into fireplaces and then jump into them

You draw a lightning scar on your forehead for no other reason than to to be like Harry

Every time you see a snow owl, you think of Hedwig


message 13: by Jaye (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jaye ^^All of these are great!


message 14: by Jaye (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jaye You yell "UP!" a zillion times

... but your broom just lies there.


message 15: by Kim (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kim You know your a muggle when you have to wash your own dishes! :P


Mrunalini Raman You want to find your Black shirt from the mess of ur wardrobe,but Accio doesn't seem to work! :/
When you cant carry a library with you in a handbag!
Too many moments there.. :/


Mrunalini Raman Jade wrote: "You yell "UP!" a zillion times

... but your broom just lies there."


very frustrating indeed!


Canie Hiwa You know you are a muggle when you feel sad, hopeless and cold, but can't see any dementors.. :-( :'(


Leanne You know you're a muggle when you accidentally approach a willow... and it doesn't attack you.


Akash Kulgod you know ur a Muggle when-
you want ur teacher to shut up and u say Silencio.....but nothing happens..


message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Wait a minute if your a muggle you wouldn't even know anything about the Harry Potter world! Right? Because none of the muggles knew anything about how the deatjh eaters were taking over. SO all these threads don't really make sense because a true muggle wouldn't know any harry potter stuff.


message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Shrishti wrote: "Anita wrote: "Wait a minute if your a muggle you wouldn't even know anything about the Harry Potter world! Right? Because none of the muggles knew anything about how the deatjh eaters were taking o..."

How does it not make sense? A muggle- non magical person wouldn't know anything about the harry potter stuff such as spells, hogwarts, and etcetera. So the stuff mentioned above doesn't make sense because a true muggle wouldn't know anything about the magical world so they couldn't even attempt spells because they wouldn't know about it since the magical world is invisible to the muggles!


Akash Kulgod We are Muggles who read Harry Potter and want to go to Hogwarts...
does that make sense??


message 24: by Star (new) - rated it 5 stars

Star Fouse Akash wrote: "We are Muggles who read Harry Potter and want to go to Hogwarts...
does that make sense??"


Hey! Im no muggle! My owl just got lost is all. I moved and forgot to leave a forwarding address. My letter will be here soon and I will be at Hogwarts where I belong in no time!

Actually, you're thinking too much into this. Its just fantasy and fantasy sometimes defies logic. Therefore, it doesn't need to make sense. Just have fun with it and dont take it too seriously.


Mariam You know you're a muggle when you don your invisibility cloak but everyone can still see you!


message 26: by Star (new) - rated it 5 stars

Star Fouse Let me reiterate... "Actually, you're thinking too much into this. Its just fantasy and fantasy sometimes defies logic. Therefore, it doesn't need to make sense. Just have fun with it and dont take it too seriously. "

Thats just in case you missed it before. :)


message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

you know you are a muggle when you point at your tv remote and say accio...but it doesnt come towards you


Book_freak You know you're a muggle when...
you think the people in pointy hats & cloaks are dressed for Halloween!


message 29: by Zak (new) - rated it 3 stars

Zak Aren't we technically all squibs? We have no magic but we know that it exists sort of like Filch except we don't get to clean Hogwarts and troll young wizards?


message 30: by Zak (new) - rated it 3 stars

Zak Sorry didn't realize that squibs had magical parents although that would explain how they are allowed to know :)


01alyssaz you know your a muggle when ...
you try and go through the walls between platforms nine and ten and all you do is run into the wall.


Akash Kulgod you know your a muggle when..
you buy a pink umbrella and tap all the bricks on walls hoping they'll open....but they never do:(


01alyssaz you know your a muggle when...
you stare a painting shouting random words and it won't open or even respond.


message 34: by Alex (new) - rated it 5 stars

Alex Grant You know your a muggle when...
You go on a broom and expect to fly away...but you never do.


message 35: by Star (new) - rated it 5 stars

Star Fouse You know youre a muggle when you go to a bar and order a Butterbeer and the bartender looks at you like youre a dumbass.


message 36: by Jaye (last edited Mar 22, 2013 11:47AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jaye Star wrote: "You know youre a muggle when you go to a bar and order a Butterbeer and the bartender looks at you like youre a dumbass."


This made me giggle.


message 37: by Jaye (last edited Mar 22, 2013 11:52AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jaye You know you're a muggle when...

...your boring text books do NOT try to eat you.


message 38: by Jaye (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jaye Shrishti wrote: "Jade wrote: "You stare at a photograph for hours

... waiting for the people to move."

You know, now a days gifs do that!"



True.


message 39: by Jaye (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jaye You go to the bank...

...but there is not a single goblin there.


Kailey You see someone with a turban

and there's no man living under it


Venetian you know ur a muggle when....

your arch enemy is a flat nosed racist.


Venetian oops, u no ur a muggle when ur arch enamy ISN'T a flat nosed racist!


message 43: by Niki (new) - rated it 5 stars

Niki you're wishing you could be a wizard


message 44: by Alex (last edited Mar 22, 2013 05:13PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Alex Grant You get a wand and try to cast a spell but it dosen't work.And people look at you as if you're crazy for trying to do that.


message 45: by Somi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Somi You say...

*Wingardium Leviosa*


.....and nothing happens :(


Mariam you know your a muggle when you can't see hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardry!


message 47: by Jaye (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jaye You know you're a muggle when...


...You lose the keys to your house and "Alohomora" doesn't seem to work when trying to open the door. (What's up with that?!?)


Sophie You know your a muggle when you name your son Tom Riddle but he doesn't grow up to be evil :(


Elisabeth You know you're a muggle when...

on the train nobody ask you "Anything from the trolley, dears?"


Zhanaestilinski Somi wrote: "You say...

*Wingardium Leviosa*


.....and nothing happens :("


That's because it's Levi-OOO-sa, not Levio-SA


« previous 1
back to top