Written in Red (The Others, #1) Written in Red question

Do you think this is the Best Fantasy Ever?
Shauni Shauni Mar 13, 2013 05:22PM
Anne Bishop continues to amaze and astound me. Written in Red defies description and one of the best Fantasy books ever.. It may just be THE BEST.. what do you think?

"Do you think this is the best fantasy ever?"

No. But it was entertaining, has lots of potential and makes you want to keep reading the series- which is all you can ever really ask for.

Gosh, I don't know. It's pretty amazing and I'm a huge Anne Bishop fan (I've read Black Jewels and Tir Alainn trilogy multiple times), but best ever? As far as UF, I think I might have to give that to Ilona Andrew's Kate Daniels series.

That said, I couldn't believe it when I realized there was only one book out so far. I'm dying for #2! And I know I'll re-read the first one a few more times before it comes out.

Loved loved loved this book. I agree Halyna - now Anne Bishop can take the title of Best Urban Fantasy AND High Fantasy author...ever.

deleted user I comepletely 100% agree!
Apr 16, 2013 08:16PM

I LOVED this book and in my opinion, IS one the Best Fantasy novels I will ever read in my lifespan.

I don't know if it's the best but I loved it!

deleted member (last edited Mar 21, 2013 02:02PM ) Mar 13, 2013 05:54PM   0 votes
Awesomely awesome as usual. Even her first foray into a new field came out above average. However not the best ever. Sorry. Black Jewels still keeps the title of best book(s)ever and forever.

I loved this book! I keep stalking Anne Bishop's website and amazon to see when the next installment comes out. I couldn't stop thinking about this book for weeks after I finished it. The worlds she creates in her books are so fully realized ande developed I feel as if I was living inside the stories. So impressed with her foray into this sub-genre. Everything she writes is wonderful.

Terah Edun Have you found out anything yet? I'm dying to read the 2nd installment. ...more
May 14, 2013 06:53AM

just great!

Definitely the best urban fantasy/paranormal ever! As for Black Jewels - that's high fantasy, so no conflict there! :-)