The Golden Compass (His Dark Materials, #1) The Golden Compass question

What kind of daemon would you want? Did you enjoy the book and wanting more?!?
Laura Laura Mar 13, 2013 03:30PM
I would LOVE a dog as a daemon. Agree?

I would love an owl. Owls are silent fliers and can easily overhear information without being seen. Also owls are known for their intelligence. They see and hear but are not seen and heard. The observe from the shadows and hunt at night. I think an owl would be a good match for me.

deleted member Mar 13, 2013 05:49PM   0 votes
um i think i would want some type of big cat not a fan of these books but the daemon idea stuck with me and not just for the name

I'd want a cheetah: scruffy and skinny, yet fast, beautiful and lethal!

A Mar 14, 2013 06:01PM   0 votes
I would want a Jaguar! Claws for fighting, pelt for hinding, and fer for cuddeling

I would want....ummm...wait...

When you're grown up the daemon settles into one thing, right??

That's a hard call...My fav animal is an elephant but I guess that's not very practical...

Dog is good and very practical. What kind of dog?

A (last edited Apr 03, 2013 04:03AM ) Apr 03, 2013 04:02AM   0 votes
i loved those books,i want more of them,and i think my daemon would be a cat,i'm lot like a cat.

I would want a bald eagle. Great eyes, fearsome beak and claws and the ability to fly.

A bird kind of daemon would be great. Easy to transport.

Georgia (last edited Mar 31, 2013 07:45PM ) Mar 31, 2013 07:41PM   0 votes
My daemon would either be a Snowshoe Hare or a Red Fox.

Of course, having a dog in Philip Pullman's world means you are going to be a servant. Having said that, I used to have a dog who was next best thing to a daemon.

F 25x33
Elyse However, "servant" could be anything from waitstaff, accountant or guard , depending on what breed of dog the daemon settled as. ...more
Dec 22, 2015 01:29AM · flag

An anteater! :O

Mine would be a tiger.

OMG a snow leopard, all the way!
they are so sleek and powerful.

Or a black cat!!

I would love a cat daemon. A long haired grey-black street cat with green eyes and a smooth pelt. It would have a light and fluffy tail. Or a small lemur/raccoon.

My daemon would be a cat or an owl. FYI, all servant's daemons are dogs.

Farfished9 How are daemons named?? I don't remember that...Do we get to name them, or do they name themselves? ...more
Apr 01, 2013 07:27PM · flag