One Zentangle A Day: A 6-Week Course in Creative Drawing for Relaxation, Inspiration, and Fun One Zentangle A Day discussion

Zentangle?

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Randy (new)

Randy OK, I'm on a waiting list at our library; someone tell me what a Zentangle is!

message 2: by Jessica (new)

Jessica A zentangle is a meditative doodle that anyone with minimal/zero drawing ability can create. The "zen" part of zentangle is all about how meditative it is to create one.

They are usually black and white, and created using only a pencil and pen. The basic shapes of a zentangle are the dot, the half-circle, the straight line, the curved line, the tear drop, the leaf shape, and a few more shapes that pretty much anyone can master with practice.

It is the combination of the different basic shapes that leads to the more complex patterns involved in a zentangle. There are some great tutorials online (on youtube and other sites) for free that are great for starters!

Did you try the book from your library, and how did you like it?

message 3: by Randy (new)

Randy Thanks for the response, Jessica! I am still on the waiting list. There are three people ahead of me, so I may get the book soon.