Smashwords Authors discussion

Discovering Pride (The Pride #2)
This topic is about Discovering Pride
Self Promotion > FREE eBOOK Fri- Sat 3/15 & 16th

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jill (last edited Mar 14, 2013 08:39AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jill Sanders (jillmsanders) | 46 comments FREE eBOOK Fri- Sat 3/15 & 16th - Contemporary Romance - Discovering Pride

[image error]

DISCOVERING PRIDE:
Lacey Jordan was a woman who knew what she wanted… and she wanted nothing to do with the new doctor in town. He had the perfect smile, perfectly tan muscles and a way with people. Her people. This was her town, her family, her life, and he’d come in and shaken everything up, including her heart.

Aaron was running away from a hard breakup where more then just his heart had been broken. At this point all he wanted to do was take over his grandfather’s medical practice, and work on his new house, turning it into the first place he could call home. He liked the town of Pride, in fact he’d spent the only good parts of his childhood here. What he hadn’t expected was to bump into a fairy goddess. Bumping hard enough to get a concussion and have his heart mended at the same time.

Then, the town gets a visit that will change their lives forever, if they can survive.

AMAZON
http://www.amazon.com/Discovering-Pri...

message 2: by Ted (new)

Ted Summerfield (ted_summerfield) | 144 comments I see your ebook is free for a couple of days. Does this mean your Amazon ebook is enrolled in the KDP Select program?

If it isn't enrolled in the KDP Select program would you please let us know how you managed to list a book for free for a couple of days and not be enrolled in the KDP Select program as I'd love to do the same.

Jill Sanders (jillmsanders) | 46 comments Hi Ted,

I was enrolled, but this was at the end of my enrollment. You can do free days when you change your price through some other vendor. Amazon with match other vendor's prices if you run a free champagne for a long time. I changed my first book to be free for a month before my release of my 2nd. Amazon changed it to free as well.

Warning. They don't always change it back right away. So you many end up being free longer than you wished.

Hope this helps.

Ted wrote: "I see your ebook is free for a couple of days. Does this mean your Amazon ebook is enrolled in the KDP Select program?

If it isn't enrolled in the KDP Select program would you please let us know ..."

message 4: by Ted (last edited Mar 24, 2013 06:42PM) (new)

Ted Summerfield (ted_summerfield) | 144 comments Hi Jill;

So as I understand it now your KDP Select enrollment ended and you then changed your first ebook to be free by publishing it on Smashwords so it would be distributed to other retailers like B&N, Apple, etc., and Amazon eventually changed the price to free on their site.

And now your work "Discovering Pride" is back at 2.99 on Smashwords and other retailers after one month of being free prior to your 2nd work being published.

That clears it up. Thanks, Jill.