Beautiful Creatures (Caster Chronicles, #1) Beautiful Creatures discussion

I just want to talk about the book...

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Castergirl26 Best book in the world and the Otherworld.

message 2: by A. (new) - rated it 5 stars

A. Rose I have to say, I was a little skeptical about it at first. Sometimes I'm like that when it comes to paranormal type things, because sometimes it's hard to believe a thing that's going on. But I read this book, and I absolutely loved it. I couldn't put it down the entire time I was reading it. Then the movie came out (which I was a little disappointed in. But for a movie it was actually good). Though this book was just great, it's was just like this awesome magical place you could run off too, and the love Ethan and Lena had for each other was just so entrancing. So yes I agree, it was indeed one of the best books I've ever read.

Miranda I have so much to say about this books, but it would be long, so I'm just gonna say: The relationship between Lena and Ethan was the best thing in the world... well, actually I think it would be the second, and Ethan would take the first place... Yeah. And the story was really captivating, the reactions from the characters were natural almost all the time and... I don't know, there's so much I feel and want to say about this book and I can't find the words. So, I'll just say: One of the Best Books I've ever read ;)

Sadie It was really good :P Not really interested in seeing the movie though.

Annie LOVED this book, and the entire series...I thought it was beautiful! I devoured all 4 books, and the novella from Links POV...I agree that it was one of the best series I have read...The movie was a HUGE disappointment, and it really ticked me off...lol But the books are pure gold!

Perenelle This series was the only one that were lenghty in description that i could stand. Even though Beautiful Darkness and Chaos broke my heart, I still absolutely love this series! the characters were amazing, the plot was different, and gosh, the setting was amazing.
I dont understand why people didnt like this book...

Perenelle Yes, no other book was ever as well written as this in a boy's perspective. Especially since most YA novels are in a girl's perspective.

message 8: by Castergirl26 (last edited Apr 01, 2013 05:27PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Castergirl26 I have to agree with all of you. This book is the only reason i am able to make it through highschool. My friends say that I could be Lenas
twin. So I read this book every chance I get. It's a perfect world that I can run away to. If anyone loves the book and would like to talk about it. Feel free to friend me. Also, I loved the fact that this book was in a boys point of view.

Molly I'm actually halfway through the second book and I think they're pretty predictable. The whole story so far is, well, just a story. I don't see how it could be made into a series. This is just my opinion though.

Castergirl26 ~Molly~{✧Thefallenangel✧}~ wrote: "I'm actually halfway through the second book and I think they're pretty predictable. The whole story so far is, well, just a story. I don't see how it could be made into a series. This is just my o..."

You don't know the ending i promise. I though I did. Nope. I was wrong. And I am getting so tired of everyone saying this book is just a southern sterotype. I live in the south trust me the book is not wrong. I happen to be related to half of the people that are single toothed and keep watch form their front porch.

Perenelle THe ending was fabulous. Most people decide to end after Beautiful Darkness cause it wasnt the greatest, but if you continue the series, you'll realize how great it is. And the story gets so unpredictable!

Molly Castergirl26 wrote: "~Molly~{✧Thefallenangel✧}~ wrote: "I'm actually halfway through the second book and I think they're pretty predictable. The whole story so far is, well, just a story. I don't see how it could be ma..."

Lol, trust me I don't want it to be a bad book, and I think I might be surprised when I'm done. But right now it's not very good... and I'm from the south too... :)

Mercury I enjoyed this more then the first one It was just a little too dragged out but this was a lot more Interesting plus there are new cool characters so I liked this one enough to want read the Next two books

Lazharae Hall i absolutly love this boo with all of my heart

Kameron B. Moore I loved this book too! I loved how it was told from Ethan's POV instead of Lena's, because almost EVERY paranormal romance book is told from the female's POV. I am on the third book right now, and though the second book didn't live up to the AWESOMENESS of Beautiful Creatures, I still really like that one too.

Whitlee Perenelle wrote: "THe ending was fabulous. Most people decide to end after Beautiful Darkness cause it wasnt the greatest, but if you continue the series, you'll realize how great it is. And the story gets so unpred..."

This is my problem. I finished the first book with no problem but the second was hard for me to get through. I have been putting off reading the third but after reading your comment I think I will go ahead and start the third.

message 17: by Lani (new) - rated it 1 star

Lani I hated this book. One of the most horrible I have ever read. The author made it way longer then it needed to be! Definently not going to read the rest of the series.

message 18: by Valkyrie_of_Valhalla (last edited Apr 24, 2013 03:09AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Valkyrie_of_Valhalla I thought this book was slow... and then events would happen out of the blue; i was confused when they got together, like: Wait, when did this happen?

It wasn't for me. But then again, so many people have said that they loved it... Maybe i would like the next books better if i read them?

Currer Jean I am a huge fan of YA Paranormal Romance, but I have to say that I have stumbled across some horrible series that made me weary about dipping my toe into the YA scene again. This series gave me back my love for modern day YA. It dug me out of my cave of LJ Smith books that I was reading on repeat. This is a really good series. It is actually about magic and has real danger and characters that make you smile while you're reading it and compelling mysteries. It is a truly entertaining read.

Christy I absolutely LOVE this book I haven't read the 2nd one yet. I will when I'm finished with this one.

Gemma I really liked this book. It was quite different to other YA Paranormal stuff that I've read before, in terms of the setting etc. It was nice to have a story told from the male POV for a change also.

One thing I will say though, is that it was a little to lengthy. Towards the end I just kinda wished that it would wrap up. But I did enjoy reading this book. It was a fun, easy read :)

Clara I really liked it I have to admit though he explained things to much like where he was for like three pages he described where he was which kind of ticked me off but still loved it

message 23: by Josey (new) - rated it 1 star

Josey I only read the first one and have no interest in reading the rest of them. It dragged on and on and on. I barely made it to the end. Plus I thought that a lot of it was demeaning to southerners.

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Sadee wrote: "I have to say, I was a little skeptical about it at first. Sometimes I'm like that when it comes to paranormal type things, because sometimes it's hard to believe a thing that's going on. But I rea..."

I'd say Link is the best in the world, Ethan is second.